Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Nitro failed its MOT yesterday as handbrake strength was under 10%. I have got under car and can see cables slowly moving behind each wheel when I apply the handbrake. I have now taken all the panelling off and found the following (see pics) where the left cable is clearly looser than the right. Keen to know if this is something I can fix myself and how?

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
here is a thread, take a look at page 3, post 48, this is the best way to improve the parking brake, i have tried a few other methods and they never last very long, spraying WD40 onto the adjusting mechanism also helps

its wise to disconnect the Negative battery lead because that module in your pic is for the airbags.

https://www.nitroforumz.com/posts/238182/

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,538 Posts
Yep the big black box with the yellow sticker, DON'T touch that without the Neg battery disconnected for 10 minutes first.
Can't tell you how many members here had to buy a new headliner and airbags after not heeding that warning.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,538 Posts
Looks familiar. LOL
Did you bend the rest tag a little also?

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Well done,
because you had to put on so many Nuts doesn't mean your cables are stretched, it's the automatic adjuster not retuning correctly and the short cable from the lever has gone slack.

Reactions: Scar0
1 - 6 of 6 Posts