Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo.... I just replaced the TIPM finally and just as the car started after the replacement, the ESP/BAS light came on along with the Traction Control light (car with the squiggly lines). At the same time the car is driving like its stuck in 4wd and turning the knob from 2wd to 4wd changes nothing. As a matter of fact, the car doesn't acknowledge I put it into 4wd (dash light doesn't come on). Keep in mind these were not issues I had with car prior to the TIPM dying on me there also are no codes showing in my scanner. Only issues the moment the new TIPM was installed. I have seen a few suggestions online of it being the Steering Angle Sensor and how to reset it but there are also multiple suggestions as to how the reset is supposed to happen. Can anyone give me some insight on where I should start to fix this? Please

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
i doubt the steering angle sensor (clockspring) is the issue, unless you removed the steering wheel and clockspring then replaced them in the wrong position, all your issue are most likely caused by your new TIPM not being specificly programmed to your Nitro's modules,
with those warning lights there will be fault codes, but you need an advanced scanner to read them,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup, go to the dealer and get the TIPM re-programmed
Do some repair shops have the ability to reprogram it do you know? Closest dealer to me is booked until middle of January and the second closest dealer to me (an hour away) told me tipms cant be reprogrammed for a 4wd car if it came from a rear wheel drive car. 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
if it came from a 2WD Nitro thats probably why all the ABS lights are on, i did say in the other thread you must get a TIPM from a Nitro with the same engine, tranny and options as yours, there is a chance it can be reprogrammed to work in your Nitro, But its a slim chance,

·
Registered
207 Posts
What is that?
AlfaOBD is OBD software specific to fiat/chrysler/dodge/etc vehicles. You would also need an OBD plug device for it to be able to talk to your vehicle.
I use an OBD MX+, which plugs in and uses bluetooth, then run AlfaOBD on a tablet or my phone to control it.
Lets you see and clear DTC codes, run all sorts of procedures (eg bleed the ABS system when bleeding brakes, or the transmission relearn procedure), configure all sorts of settings. There might be TIPM procedures/configurations. I'd have to look next time I have mine out and see.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I looked over my AlfaOBD menus and couldn't find anything for the TIPM. It's possible it's named something else in the menu, it's possible it's not exposed. If it's not exposed yet, often times just emailing AlfaOBD and asking them about it they'll fix it and send you out an updated version with the feature added.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts