Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Im back.

So my alarm is going off by itself and it wont stop. I had to pull my horn fuses so its not a constant noise box for my neighbors. When the car alarm is going off , I cant start the car. I understand that if the alarm is engaged then the car cant be started.....which is now becoming a problem.

I changed the battery in my key.....no dice........that did not fix the issue.

Now, I called a few alarm places and they say they can kill that function or build a remote so I can turn it off. I do not have the money for that. $100 to $200. Times are tough and i'm broke.

I am hoping someone here has experienced this and knows why it is happening and how I can fix it.

Anyone?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just covering bases.....

#1 - Have you tried removing the negative terminal cable on your battery, allowing the computer to 'reset'?

#2 - Have you checked the wiring from the horn to the box to be sure it isn't shorting out?

Just a couple of things i've seen that caused this issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did disconnect the battery. That didn't work. I have not checked the wire running to the horn but that isnt the issue. After I pulled the fuses for the horn, the car still goes like the alarm is going off. "click-click....click-click....click-click".

Read something suggesting a bad sensor in the damn door? I hate this Nitro. Never buying another Dodge again.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Rusty if you have a second key give it a try, the owners manual says pressing the unlock button on the remote should stop the alarm, OR placing the key in the ignition and turning it to the start position should also stop the alarm.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
do you have a PANIC button on your remote key ???.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rusty if you have a second key give it a try, the owners manual says pressing the unlock button on the remote should stop the alarm, OR placing the key in the ignition and turning it to the start position should also stop the alarm.
Neither of those things worked. I also changed the battery in the key recently. It still does this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you have a PANIC button on your remote key ???.
Yes I do and I have pushed the "lock" "unlock" & "panic" button on my key to try to dis-engage the alarm going on but none of it has worked. I am pretty sure due to what is going on that there is a short some where or something has gone bad. Too bad I can't afford to fix it. This nitro is a giant pile of shit.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
do you have a second key ?.

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,564 Posts
One other thing... How old is the battery under the hood? If it is in the 3-5 year old range, it may need to be replaced. These Nitro's can do all kinds of wierd things if the battery is weak.

Reactions: KansasNitro
1 - 9 of 9 Posts