Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen several threads on my exact problem but, no previous answers help. I need a new answer!! I just bought my 2011 Dosge Nitro in March. The day I got it, I came out of a store to my windows rolled down and doors unlocked. It was strange but, I assumed I just hit something on the fob. An hour later, same thing! I knew I had double checked when I got out that time. Since then, every single morning when I wake up, windows down. I took it to the dealer. He said the window program needed flashing so, he did it. I drove home. The next morning, I went outside at 4 a.m with my keys still inside. My headlights were on and I watched windows go down! I read tips that it could be the fob. I held lock button as suggested. Windows still roll down alone. I removed battery from both fobs and started manually locking it. Wake up to windows down. I have no idea what to try next!!!

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
yep have heard of this before but pretty sure nobody ever came back with a fix, But i will see what i can find for you,
which windows roll down (all of them) ?, and does this happen every day ?,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's both of the front windows. The headlights come on randomly and then both windows roll down and lights go off..Yep. every day!!

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
does your Nitro have the auto window roll down function: press the unlock button twice, on the keyfob, on the second press hold the button down, and front windows roll down ?, ( not all Nitro's have this feature)

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
you will have to be patient on this, just keep your answers coming, i am working my way through the electronics trying to work out which modules are capable of triggering the windows, and it aint easy, but i love a challenge,
do you have an owners manual, does your nitro have EVIC ?,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. Yes. It does have evic. In fact, my tire pressure warning has been staying on and the check engine too but, they weren't always on. One time it said TPMI but, didn't stay on

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
well forget the EVIC thing, i did read on a jeep forum that there was a evic setting for the "remote open windows" but i checked and it's not true :(,
well the TPMS warning normaly means you need check tyre pressures, one tyre may be Low,
check engine light On, then you should have your Nitro checked for fault codes, however probably not linked to the window issue,
do the lights Always flash before, and then after, the windows have rolled down ?
do the lights flash sometimes and the windows Don't roll down ?,
and when the windows roll down do the doors unlock ?

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
the Remote open window instructions are on page 22 of the owners manual, maybe just try again to see if it works (just because most 2011 Nitros had this option), the instructions are quite specific to operate this feature,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well forget the EVIC thing, i did read on a jeep forum that there was a evic setting for the "remote open windows" but i checked and it's not true :(,
well the TPMS warning normaly means you need check tyre pressures, one tyre may be Low,
check engine light On, then you should have your Nitro checked for fault codes, however probably not linked to the window issue,
do the lights Always flash before, and then after, the windows have rolled down ?
Yes. Lights come on and stay on. Windows roll down. Lights go off after a minute or so and doors unlock.. They all 3 seem to be happening together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes. Lights come on and stay on. Windows roll down. Lights go off after a minute or so and doors unlock.. They all 3 seem to be happening together.
It also tells me oil needs to be changed but it said that the day I got home from changing it!
I did have it scanned for codes. The only thing it said was misfire in 2nd cylinder. Don't think that's related to windows

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here happened to my 2011 also. I just took the battery out of fob. And voila. I think the fob does get stuck at times.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Same here happened to my 2011 also. I just took the battery out of fob. And voila. I think the fob does get stuck at times.
I did that a few weeks ago. It did no good. I still come out in the mornings to windows down and doors unlocked..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts