Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Nitro back to the dealor due to the shifting problem as well as the bad vibration at 40-50mph. They flashed the computer and I left thinking it was all good. The shifting seems better but it's still got the vibration. I rode w/a tech in the truck today and he told me that vibration was normal. I asked him how is a vibration that heavy at 45mph normal? He admitted it was the torque convertor but told me it was supposed to do this. Also I have now noticed that if you are running 50mph and have to gas it the engine will rev up to about 5k rpm and the car won't go.

I still haven't gotten the floor mat issue worked out. The dealorship says they came in from the manufac wrong but there is nothing they can do?

Any advise would be helpfull. Worst part of all is because I am a woman I am stupid so I must be making up the problems. Except for the vibration "cause that's normal".

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
The t/c shudder is not normal & if your dealership is on the ball at all they know it. there have been a number of folks here with the problem & all have had the t/c replaced by the dealer. Go to the TSB thread & print out the TSB & take it with you.when you go in.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hiya fivefoot0,

I just got my Nitro back from the dealer, they did a flash update on the powertrain control module and the vibration that was occuring is greatly reduced. Yes, some vibration is normal, however it may be more than just a flash update in your case. Your never going to feel like your driving on air in this Nitro, but it shouldn't feel like life is a perpetual rumble strip either. Some folks have had their torque converters replaced, make that dealer do right by you! ;)

I lived in SC for three years, go over their heads if you have to, I only had to do it the first time I had a problem...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Prob Continues

I took it back to the dealorship this afternoon. On my way home from work the car hung up at 50mph and then finally broke free and started going again. I drove it straight to the dealorship. Once again took the service tech for a ride. He admitted that he could feel the vibration in the car and that some vibration was normal but the trans slipping was not normal.

He tells me that he can't understand why it would do this as there is no gear to change to at 50mph so it shouldn't lock up that way.

They are keeping it over night to see if they can get it to reproduce the same thing. I love this truck but I am seriously now wishing I had bought another car!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More Problems

I went back to the shop this afternoon. I am so pissed right now I could hurt someone. They didn't do anything!!! Said they couldn't find what was wrong, vibration is normal as well as the cutting out that it's doing around the 40-45 mph. I finally got them to listen and look at the TSB. They NEVER even did the flash the first time. The service tech that has been working on my car put 70 miles on it yesterday and then tried to tell me once again nothing was wrong. I finally got them to listen and they agreed they would run the TSB and also go ahead and replace the torque convertor. They adv they would order it and call me once it got in.

When I got home I was getting out of the truck and saw the mechanic had gotten grease all over the headliner by the window and on the floor. I imagine this was on the 70 mile "test" run that he made.

I have taken it back to the dealorship and made the mgr drive my car and look at the grease. They are now going to have my car detailed and he will be talking to the service mgr in the am. Told me that there was definately something wrong with car. I am just sick and looking at those grease stains is not helping.

I should've just kept my clunker!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.