Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Nope, Dodge is using them as aftermarket tweaked show trucks and show trucks only! :(

DAM!!!!!! the BASTARDS!!! I tell you that is a real shame, cus I would buy one TODAY if they offered it.. I am waiting on the R/T but a HEMI!!! OMG!!!

Hrm, I wonder if it is possible to have one built by them if you got the cash. Not in blackberry but rather blackcherry, Deep Blue or Old Gold(Black Gold flake) that would set the Nitro off niiice with the 22's. I gladly have one built if they would do it.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hrm, I wonder if it is possible to have one built by them if you got the cash. Not in blackberry but rather blackcherry, Deep Blue or Old Gold(Black Gold flake) that would set the Nitro off niiice with the 22's. I gladly have one built if they would do it.
ANYTHING is possible if you have the cash! :D

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would I contact Dodge directly, the DTO group or go through my dealer. I know a dumb question but I am being serious about possibly having one built.

THAT is too hot a ride not to build and market it to the public.
more then likely youd have to go thru some kind of custom shop, only bad thing is I dont think there would be a way to receive a warranty on anything due to it being highly custom and aftermarket

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
more then likely youd have to go thru some kind of custom shop, only bad thing is I dont think there would be a way to receive a warranty on anything due to it being highly custom and aftermarket
True, I am sure the warranty would possible be an issue. But if I had Dodge Build it, I think they would figure out how to warranty it. Again that is a same they wont build that for market.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
True, I am sure the warranty would possible be an issue. But if I had Dodge Build it, I think they would figure out how to warranty it. Again that is a same they wont build that for market.
i very very highly doubt dodge would do this unless you forked over some huge bucks..it cant hurt to contact dodge or a dealership to ask them what itd take to get something similiar and the best route to go about getting it...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dodge wouldn't do it, it would be a huge liability for them if you crash in it & got hurt. Since I heard they couldn't do it, due to the crash rating. Maybe something with the engine size causing issues, maybe coming threw the firewall?

Hemi= Est 0-60: 5.0-5.5 1/4: 13.5-14.0

R/T Auto= Est 0-60: 7.5-8.0 1/4: 15.5-16.0

SXT Stick= Est 0-60: 9.0-10.0 1/4: 16.5-17.0

SLT Auto= Est 0-60: 9.5-10.5 1/4: 17.0-17.5

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dodge wouldn't do it, it would be a huge liability for them if you crash in it & got hurt. Since I heard they couldn't do it, due to the crash rating. Maybe something with the engine size causing issues, maybe coming threw the firewall?
I think it would run fine for the most part, I just dont think a huge company like Dodge wants to deal with the trouble of doing this for several people. And the whole point of this car is to showoff and be unique..it wouldnt be the same if there was a bunch of the same out there on the road :p

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well unique cars are the ones I like. It is still something to think about possibly seeing if they would.

Thanks!! :)
It wouldnt be too bad taking on the project yourself..Would probably be best to get the enginework done at a specialty shop but things like custom hoods, interior, audio, etc would not be that hard to do yourself!

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
It wouldnt be too bad taking on the project yourself..Would probably be best to get the enginework done at a specialty shop but things like custom hoods, interior, audio, etc would not be that hard to do yourself!
OH I agree it can be done.. I did talk with my soon to be BIL who happens to work for DC. It is possible to get them to do it, but as it was stated, it would be costly. Also, there is a buzz that a Hemi Nitro is not dead. So we gotta "Keep Hope Alive!!":D

I am looking to factory order a R/T and get most of the custom exterior body work and a version of hood that were on the Hemi concept. I will be posting TONS of pics if I get the thing.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They might, as an SRT model, but I wouldnt count on it anytime soon..maybe this time next year..it would be too soon to release an SRT model with the basemodel brand new and experimental.. :eek:

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
Truly wicked machine.....

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
Bump for newbie.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.