Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008, 4x4, SXT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Recently got a 2008 Nitro SXT at auction for a decent price, however, there are some codes I'm not sure how to fix.

SRS
B1B02 - driver airbag squib 1 circuit open
B212D - ignition run only input circuit open

BCM
U0164 - lost communication w/ HVAC control module
P0693 - cooling fan 2 control circuit low
U0010 - CAN interior bus
U0001 - CAN C bus
P0691 - cooling fan 1 control circuit low
B210D - battery voltage low

CCN
U0161 - lost communication w/ compass module

WCM
B1A25 - invalid key
B1A24 - key not programmed
C151C - tire pressure sensors missing

Radio (was working when I bought it but completely died after getting a new key programmed to the car)
U0141 - lost communication w/ IPM

DMFL
U113D lost communication w/ master power window switch

DMFR
B16A5 - passenger window switch backlighting circuit high
-----------------------------------
  • sunroof does not open, motor doesn't even make any sounds that would indicate it is even trying to work.
  • both rear windows do not open, again no sounds coming from motor
  • front passenger window can be controlled by driver but not at direct window switch
  • air can come out of defrost but does not get hot/cold and can not be moved to any other air flow vent

would replacing the TIPM solve a majority of these problems, can do minor repairs to at least get things functional, or am I looking into thousands of repairs and should off-load the vehicle ASAP?

Thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would start with the battery. Low voltage can affect all the electronics and cause communication faults.
Charge it, test it, replace it if necessary. Clear the codes then start again and see what codes come back.
If you can find an interstate battery store they'll test it for free--their test is more comprehensive than the one autozone does.

Then, if there are still electrical issues, check the TIPM, fuses, and the TIPM and battery wiring--sometimes the cabling wears/corrodes and/or connections get loose. Check your ground straps.

Until you know your electronics are getting good, clean, sufficient power, don't worry about any codes they throw.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
as 2ndgen says, good battery is a must, check all battery connections, the large positive cable going to the TIPM, can become loose (don't over tighten it) there is a large ground cable under the battery tray, it bolts to the chassis, this is quite common for corrosion, if you still get loads of codes especialy coms codes then i think it could be big $$$$ to sort it out,
just my opinion,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts