Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the foums! I'm the owner of a 2011 inferno red Nitro Heat R/T

Just ordered an aftermarket head unit with mic and backup cam. Anyone have any experience with removal and installation? Would love to know your wisdom!

Thanks all

Attachments

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,371 Posts
Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!

BTW... Good looking Nitro.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,474 Posts
Hello and welcome @FLUDzilla ,
to the Nitro “Z” family!
Nice ride!
See https://www.nitroforumz.com/forums/dodge-nitro-interior-modifications.27/
Good info to be had there.

I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your personal-details and fill in the “Vehicle:” info about your rig. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see at the left of every post I make, under my Ape Avatar;
This is what I drive:
Vehicle:
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
Or alternately you could put it in your signature...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Return that head unit. Boss stereos are low end units that sound like garbage. You could probably get a refurbished or scratch and dent kenwood or Pioneer for about the same or just a little more, or better yet go to ebay and purchase from sonic electronix. They have better deals and they also give you the install gear just like Crutchfield.. Good luck...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Return that head unit. Boss stereos are low end units that sound like garbage. You could probably get a refurbished or scratch and dent kenwood or Pioneer for about the same or just a little more, or better yet go to ebay and purchase from sonic electronix. They have better deals and they also give you the install gear just like Crutchfield.. Good luck...
Soooo guess what I had to return the boss unit via RMA. Everything worked EXCEPT handsfree. I literally could not make ore receive phone calls (a basic function in cars for a decade now). At any rate new unit is expected a the end of the week. Backup cam is awesome tho, that I DO like!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Your phone might not be compatible with the unit itself, or it could be the the head unit was faulty. If it happens again look towards your phone being the problem. Try linking a different phone to it and if it works then you will need to upgrade your phone. Good luck...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your phone might not be compatible with the unit itself, or it could be the the head unit was faulty. If it happens again look towards your phone being the problem. Try linking a different phone to it and if it works then you will need to upgrade your phone. Good luck...
I have 2 different android phones, a Samsung galaxy s10 and a oneplus 6. Both no workie :(

I don't see how either could be incompatible given both are on android 9 with the latest android auto update. Even not connected to android auto going through normal Bluetooth handsfree doesn't work. They can hear me (so I know the mic is working) but I can't hear them.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did you adjust the settings on the head unit for where the incoming call plays through? Some stereos only play through the drivers front but some you can select all four and also adjust the incoming voice volume as well. Go through the manual and see if you need to adjust volume and also the speakers for incoming calls..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you adjust the settings on the head unit for where the incoming call plays through? Some stereos only play through the drivers front but some you can select all four and also adjust the incoming voice volume as well. Go through the manual and see if you need to adjust volume and also the speakers for incoming calls..
i'm pretty sure I went through every single menu without seeing those options you mentioned. Will try again though and give an update

1 - 20 of 20 Posts