Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys and gals,

There has been a lot of expressed interest in HID conversion kits for our beloved Nitro. I am trying to organize a group buy for a Bi-Xenon (Low and High beams) HID kit. The kits will be of high quality and go for around $350~ Retail. Color temperature SHOULD be user- decidable however - if it turns out its not, all kits will be 6000K (Ultra White)

A group buy would save us all money; $ amount dependent on how many get in on this (one time) group buy. If you would like to get in on this, please post below. SERIOUS INTEREST ONLY! If 20 people show interest - and then 10 back out, it will mess up the pricing for everyone - so please post only if you are certain you would like to get in on this deal. Once we determine how many kits would be needed - we would set a price and prepayment WOULD be required - then everyones kits would be shipped out right to your door (Should be within 2 weeks of payment)!

Pictures: 1st Headon View (With Flash), 2nd Shows light projection on car and building

So to triple reiterate - if you definitely would like to get in on this group buy NOW (as prepayment would be required shortly), post - if not - dont post - and if you have any questions please PM me.

Thanks ~ NW

Group Buy Enrollees:
  1. Bowhunter4Life
  2. lilsalmon
  3. cr8pc
  4. ItalianNitro
  5. StreetDancer
  6. spo4me
  7. reehmicks
  8. HighVoltageNITRO
  9. KREES
  10. BearlyNitro

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Group buy is unfortunately cancelled due to not enough interest..:(

If you would like to checkout my kit above its the GoldenEye HID kit I got thru xenonguru. He has the bi-xenon ($349) and the newer kit which I have that just raises the beam up for high beams (to flash, as you dont really need much brigher) for ~$189..

Any questions - post here

NW

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which kit do you have? Post up a link.
The kit I have (mentioned above) is not on his website xenonguru.com, he sells them thru ebay i beleive, and you could probably call the owner directly (# on site) to get the kit..I dont see any real reason to paying $350 for dual xenon, when #1 you cant flash with them due to the time it takes for xenons to ignite, and #2 you really dont need any brighter, if you do, replace your fogs with xenons:cool:

and pics....look up

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
HID's

I know you said it's cancelled but you can add my name in case more pop up later.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Hey that one works for me. No need to spend more than I have to.:Racing:

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not really..ive gotten flashed maybe 3-4 times in 2 months of having them..i get a lot of "AHHHH #@()@" looks though from people staring headon at them on cars directly in front of me stopped at a light :D:D:D

·
Nitro Addict!
538 Posts
Hey NitroWill,

(Good name, my son shares it with you)

I am wondering what kind of connection you have with the xenon guru and if you know if he has exact replacement Fog Light kits for the Nitro? I am interested in kits for the Fogs and for the Headlights for our two Nitro family now. How many orders short are you from doing a group order?

Any help or advice you can give in obtaining light kits is appreciated. I plan on spending time and money on my Sunburst Orange R/T and may even consider entering it in some shows after I finish "Pimping my Ride". ;)

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They have the xenon kit in the 9145 / h10 socket so technially it should work. the only thing i could think of that would not make it work is the bulbs might not fit into the fogs - however I dont think that would be an issue..This however would be insanely bright and piss a lot of people off :D err i mean :shakehead: I think Im just going to get some superwhite bulbs for my fogs so it looks better bc the fogs look VERY yellow compared to the HIDs..

and were about ~10+ short on getting the discount needed - the discount would have been roughly $10-20 off the kit..

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So what kit were we all supposed to be buying anyway?

All the posts asking this very reasonable question were deleted.

What's the deal?
I deleted the threads b/c it got too clutted and all questions are answered in my posts, yours in the 2nd post if youd just read :loser1::Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Nitro Addict!
538 Posts
They have the xenon kit in the 9145 / h10 socket so technially it should work. the only thing i could think of that would not make it work is the bulbs might not fit into the fogs - however I dont think that would be an issue..This however would be insanely bright and piss a lot of people off :D err i mean :shakehead: I think Im just going to get some superwhite bulbs for my fogs so it looks better bc the fogs look VERY yellow compared to the HIDs..

and were about ~10+ short on getting the discount needed - the discount would have been roughly $10-20 off the kit..
I am sure I could find out for myself, but is the bulb for the headlight a 9145/H10 socket that you purchased and you are saying that it might or might not fit into the Fog Light sockets? I looked on other sites for a part number last night but did not find out which bulb was correct for the Nitro headlights. Now that the other messages are erased, I can't look back to see exactly which bulbs you purchased for your headlights. :i_rolleyes:

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am sure I could find out for myself, but is the bulb for the headlight a 9145/H10 socket that you purchased and you are saying that it might or might not fit into the Fog Light sockets? I looked on other sites for a part number last night but did not find out which bulb was correct for the Nitro headlights. Now that the other messages are erased, I can't look back to see exactly which bulbs you purchased for your headlights. :i_rolleyes:
No, Im saying the foglights bulb is H10, and it should work fine with our foglights, the only concern would be if the bulb was too long to fit in the housing, but it should be standardized so i dont see this as a real problem.

All the bulb sizes are in our manuals and posted on this site :) The socket for the headlights is 9008/H13.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I deleted the threads b/c it got too clutted and all questions are answered in my posts, yours in the 2nd post if youd just read :loser1::Na_Na_Na_Na:

I didn't realize your kit was the one being offered. Since there isn't info on the website and you do have the kit already, does it use the stock wiring or does it include heavier gauge wiring to cope with the larger power draw?

·
Nitro Addict!
538 Posts
No, Im saying the foglights bulb is H10, and it should work fine with our foglights, the only concern would be if the bulb was too long to fit in the housing, but it should be standardized so i dont see this as a real problem.

All the bulb sizes are in our manuals and posted on this site :) The socket for the headlights is 9008/H13.
Thanks for the help. I'll be ordering my own kit later this weekend.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't realize your kit was the one being offered. Since there isn't info on the website and you do have the kit already, does it use the stock wiring or does it include heavier gauge wiring to cope with the larger power draw?
It requires a wiring harness, I forget if its included in the price or not - but you can call up the # and tell him I sent you..The only issue is they dont have the H13/9800 harness out so you have to modify the harness to plug into one of the h13 outlets or do what I did and clip off the stock h13 outlet and hardwire it in..

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NitroWill, I did some checking and I found a guy on eBay who is willing to sell us HID kits at a group discount. I asked about 10 people and he quoted $110.00 shipped. Still checking if that's shipped to one person and distributed that way or if he'll ship to each individual. Also asked if they can be a variety of colors/brightness. Can we get a new list of interested people?

$110 is too cheap to be good... The kits retail for $200, and $90 off a piece is just not believable. We will not do group buys off ebay for my sake and yours as well as general safety and other issues..If it sounds too good to be true, especially on ebay - it is.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.