Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Hide a key?

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Bunk 47 
#1 ·
My wife is thinking about hiding a key on the Nitro. Where would be a good safe exterior spot? I really dont want to use one of those magnetic boxes since I lost one years ago. Any ideas?

#2 ·
i know!!!!

there is a magazine called "home trends" and they have a license plate assembly that allows you to hide a key without using the magnetic box. there is a hidden compartment behind the license plate and to access it you have to manually lift up the plate, i think it is spring loaded. the ad says that road bumps and shakes and whatever, won't open the license plate assembly. if i see it again, i'll send you another post about it.

:Racing:

#8 ·
Bunk,
Do you have a trailer hitch? If so you could get one of these:

http://www.drivingcomfort.com/index.cfm/fa/p/pid/4381/sc/32836
This one has a combination lock.NitroOne1
now that is cool!!! just think if criminals see the plate type one they will be walking parking lots messin w/ ppls plates to find the hide-a-key. that would be just as bad as having a soccer ball w/ your kids name on it on your rear glass and dropping said kid off at the mall. child predator goes up to your kid and yells hey Jacob, your mom just told me you were here, been looking all over for you man, we have an awesome soccer team and we want you to join....guess what....your kid is abducted.

#9 ·
now that is cool!!! just think if criminals see the plate type one they will be walking parking lots messin w/ ppls plates to find the hide-a-key. that would be just as bad as having a soccer ball w/ your kids name on it on your rear glass and dropping said kid off at the mall. child predator goes up to your kid and yells hey Jacob, your mom just told me you were here, been looking all over for you man, we have an awesome soccer team and we want you to join....guess what....your kid is abducted.
Kind of off subject but I saw on a tv show a long time ago about not keeping your registration and insurance card in your vehicle. If your car ever gets stolen or broken into (i.e. while you are at the mall) the thieves will have access to your address to either rob you when you are not home. Food for thought, my registration and insurance card have been in my wallet ever since!

#10 ·
Kind of off subject but I saw on a tv show a long time ago about not keeping your registration and insurance card in your vehicle. If your car ever gets stolen or broken into (i.e. while you are at the mall) the thieves will have access to your address to either rob you when you are not home. Food for thought, my registration and insurance card have been in my wallet ever since!
yeah stolen cause the hide-a-key was not secure....just kidding guys, bunk47...you do what your wife wants you to do....you don't wanna sleep outside w/ the dogs!!:chuckle:

#11 ·
And if they steal your garage door opener they have access to that as well.

#12 ·
Hidden key

Wow! A lot more answers than I expected, but thats a good thing. Kaleo, I like the idea of the Lic Plt not a bad idea. Triple 6, I sort of feel the way you do, but our spare key doesnt start the ignition, only opens the door. 5 trys & it locks up the ignition, but they could steal stuff inside or hot wire I guess. Blue jet , thought of that too, but she said she leaves her purse/wallet inside when she gets out for certain things. I keep spares in my wallet, it goes where I go. So I agree with you too, but women are different. Nitro 1, I actually like this idea the best because it has a lock on it but its rather expensive. I also thought of hanging it with a tie wrap off something under the front or rear of the vehicle. So far I like the hitch lock, maybe I'll look around for a different brand a little less expensive. THANKS TO ALL! Meangirl, good comment, when momma's happy, daddy's happy!:ura:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.