Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a fender unhook?

On the way into work I heard such a clatter, I arose from the truck to see what was the matter.

Ok, enough of that. Got a very scary noise today. Thought at first my newly installed exhaust had come loose, and the clamps were rattling on the pipe.
Pulled over and checked, and nothing was loose. Pounded on the tailpipe, nothing. Back in the truck, hit 3000RPM, and..........damn, there is something wrong here.

I limped into work and as soon as it was light outside gave it a look see.
The "rattle" is actually the right rear fender flair. (the section on the rear quarter panel, not the door) The assembly is loose and vibrating against the body. The top front attaching pin is completely out of the corresponding hole in the body. I tried to pop it back in, but it won't go, and the entire fender section is loose.

I'll stop by the Dealer on the way home tonight. Anyone else have any of the plastic come loose?

·
Registered
355 Posts
ok so it's a few months and 24000 miles later, but my fenders both front and the parts that are on the back doors are loose and my god they rattle. Going for the stalling recall gonna make them glue my ride back together :p til then I will turn up the radio :rockon:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.