Dodge Nitro Forum banner

How does one take off the seatbelt??

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rbnsal 
#1 ·
The part that goes into the side of the drivers seat.
My seatbelt adjuster/cover is broken and i have to slide the seatbelt back through it so i have to detach the seatbelt.
I have tried to pop off the plastic cover but it wants to deform more than it wants to pop and i dont want to have to buy ANOTHER replacement.

Any ideas??:confused:

#2 ·
hey Z....boy, I was about to let you have it on the dangers of not wearing a seatbelt....lol. now that I got past the thread title and read the post...I will hold my tongue. sorry to hear of the issue, but I don't have a clue and I didn't want to see your thread get pushed off the 1st page....it is important what if someone else has the same deal and needs to remove it?

good luck!

#3 ·
Being that this is a safety restraint I would have the dealer fix it. This is a liability issue if the seatbelts are tampered with and you are in an accident.
On my Dodge Dakota the heighth adjustment for the front passenger shoulder strap broke and the service dept. fixed it without question.

#4 ·
Being that this is a safety restraint I would have the dealer fix it. This is a liability issue if the seatbelts are tampered with and you are in an accident.
On my Dodge Dakota the heighth adjustment for the front passenger shoulder strap broke and the service dept. fixed it without question.
My dealer wont touch it.
It will cost me parts plus labor for them to do it so they said i should just do it myself and that its easy. Which makes me think i am doing something wrong. I know i can do it and it is easy if i can just get this small piece of plastic to pop off!

It seems like it should be easy but that dang plastic!

#5 ·
i couldnt of said it better u beat me to the punch lol!!!:))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.