Dodge Nitro Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Funny, I might have had some family in that area at some point.

My dad was in the marines but was out long before I came along. I know he did a lot of moving around.

I had no choice in moving to Canada...when my parents decided to leave England, it was between here and New Zealand. I would have preferred New Zealand myself, but my Mum had family here already.

I gather from all the posts here so far, my Nitro won't be improving much on gas mileage....

·
Registered
571 Posts
Since I added my CAI, I can squeeze out about 620Kms from a tank of gas, compared to about 580Kms before the CAI addition. At least I am going in the right direction! :Racing:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have gotten 640km on a tank but that was the one and only time. My average is 550km and I have the 2.8 CRD diesel. I feel it should be better honestly.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I've been getting around 300 miles per tank ... about 18.5mpg average.

Currently at about 6700 miles.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm getting the same as SeattleJoe, 300 miles per tank (around town). If it is all highway I can get 400 miles on a tank. I ordered a K&N CAI. We will see if that does anything to the mpg. Gas is $3.79 now, around here, and going up each day. I've got about 3,500 miles on my Nitro so far.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
WE can fill up in Calgary Alberta last time was about 70.00 bucks canadian and drive through to kamloops BC. about 620 klms door to door and my light just goes on gas up:SHOCKED:and that is with hubby driving :Racing:my foot is a little heavier than moms:loser1:.

·
A curious fellow
406 Posts
I'm getting about 550kms on a tank. A huge improvement in what I was getting out of my 95 4Runner :Racing:

And I'm another ex-pat. Born in London and lived on a boat on the Thames River until we moved to Canada

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was born in Leigh just outside Manchester, but then moved to Wigan before moving to Canton, Michigan and now here in Windsor.
I thought Leigh was in Essex?? Leigh on sea. How is there a pier in Wigan??? your land locked??:SHOCKED:I know some of this as my wife is from Nantwich Cheshire!:thk:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I get around 550 km a tank on regular gas with just a K/N Air Filter installed......
I'm curious, is this Highway/city or straight up Highway? I'm getting or should I say stretching 480 km out of straight city driving. I have to say that the way traffic lights are set up in the GTA contribute greatly to excessive fuel burn. I.e stopping at lights that are red on a main throughway at 03:00 am for no reason at all. Having said that, on my trip home from Alberta to Ontario 3500 km's, I was able to get 620 Km's to one of my tanks as I decided to pass a gas station thinking I was going to see another one shortly. Anyway 4 hours later the gas light was on and the low fuel warning was displayed. Lo and behold the lights of the shell sign broke through the dark mist of that rainy foggy night, ahh, salvation I said....then I missed the off ramp for the damn thing! I made it around though.....so It does get good mileage if you let her go non stop. 620 km's on 70 liters is pretty respectable. Thats 385 miles for our American friends. 11.3 liters per 100/km. Heres a good calculator for those that are interested:

http://www.milesgallon.com/

·
Registered
13 Posts
I get around 600km per tank, 90% hwy driving and a manual transmission.

I miss having the digital count down for the gas....Its the ONE thing I don't like about the car so far

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dodge Nitro Detonator 2011 50/50 highway/city average 550-600kms per tank

·
Registered
4 Posts
NITRO R/Ts KMs per Tank

:wavey:
Do mainly highway driving @ 110 km, & some city. :Racing:
I'm getting anywhere from 455 km & 500 km between fills.:smileup:
Mind you, I've still have about 100km left most times (according to the digital readout), when I'm filling up again. :smiledown:

At this point, I've yet to get the "Low Gas" warning.;)
Too bad that mid-grade gas is so costly!:SHOCKED:
Exactly right. I will only put 89 in mine ... she doesn't run on anything less but I don't dare put 91 in her again. That was bad, got very hot very fast.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts