Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles on your nitro? Any major repairs and at what point? Year? I'm at 95,000 just had a brand new transmission installed, 2007, hoping it still has plenty of life

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
knock on wood there are many with higher mileage I myself am around 120,000 miles. Still going only one intermittent TPMS on 07 SLT

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for getting back to me! I feel a little better now, still unpredictable but knowing others have lasted much longer is a little sigh of relief (hope I'm not jinxing myself) but I love my tro and I don't want it going anywhere

·
Registered
17 Posts
69k, up from just over 47k last November. Busy year! No issues yet unless you count slamming into and totaling a Camry o_O, fortunately no one was hurt. Did $7k worth of bad juju to the nitro though.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Now 96K and climbing!

Last 70K+ have been clocked up on the LPG conversion, this means only part running on Petrol from time to time which inlcudes startups.

I've had front wheel bearings go x3, complete brake rebuilds x2, x6 coil packs, MAP sensor, x4 lambda sensors, x1 drivers side seat shield break off, plastic roof rails lift and split, all sorts of noise problems and lots of sleepless nights...but touching wood nothing major major!

I've never loved a vehicle as much, even though the random squeaks and rattles drive me nuts:confused:

Jeep Chrysler Dealers here in the UK appear to be turning their back on the Dodge brand, I've lost two local dealers who've given up the franchise and another two who say they no longer hold the special tools...so it looks like I'm very much coming to a point of being on my own with any future issues.

As most parts are available in the US to me within a few days at less than half UK dealer prices this bit doesn't worry me as much as the diagnostics bit...Guess I need to invest in a Starscan and some kind of access to the online portal :rolleyes:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm at 96k right now as well. Luckily I haven't had too many of those problems except the shield on my driver side seat which I just noticed was broken today lol!

·
Registered
21 Posts
i'm at 166,238 miles to be exact. :cool: The only major repair i have had to deal with is my rear diff completely went to trash. other than that just regular maintanance. the headlights have yellowed and will be working on a fix for that soon. ive noticed some rust bubbling on the passenger door on the bottom. but overall i cant complain.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Just hit 77,007 miles yesterday. No major problems. Replaced a leaking yoke seal. Seems it's a common problem. Replaced both front calipers. Apparenlty one side was previously done.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
My 07 SLT has 83,000 . I put 10,000 on it sinse March when I bought it. It needed brakes and rotors when I got it . Since then I replaced the 4×4 drive shaft yoke and seal. Some other general maintenance but so far so good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 184K on my 2007 SXT, original owner. Only a few major repairs, replace fuel injectors, wheel bearings, transmission cooler/condenser, and alot of PITA minor failures - power window motors, broken interior door handles, leaks in tail light casings, cracked seat shield...

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Welcome to the forum Csyl.

When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Great color choice! Khaki is the most rare Nitro color.

Reactions: Csyl

·
Registered
429 Posts
nice, 119850miles so far. It looks like I'll need change steering pinion and one of the wheel bearings. I don't count 2x oxygen sensor, timing belt as they were at the end of their life cycle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
mine is so young! 2011 heat 4x4 with 36k

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
870087 on a 07 SLT , Lol.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Now on 105,000 miles Yet anothe wheel bearing is starting to rumble that will make it x4 I've had to change...what do they make these things out?...CHEESE??

Vinyl covered bolster to leather seat cover now well and truly split and cracked...time to start looking for a replacement in a scrap yard.

Rear screen wipers get repalced every 10K ish as they usually tear. Plastic roof rails were replaced with the modified ones to overcome the front lifting and cracking...guess what! they're now cracking at the back end by the tailgate.

P0172 code keeps coming back time and time again, but only when running on LPG so maybe time to change the LPG regulator and go on the hunt for the LPG system error. Petrol runs fine.

Replaced all four tyres with 255/50/20's as they're a lot lot cheaper here in the UK than the rather odd sized 245's, far better road holding in the wet and quieter...that's because the Goodyear originals were very poorly rated anyway.

Exhaust seems to be bearing up no blowing yet, really surprised at this for a 2008 vehicle with all the nasty road salt used over here...mind you it's rusted to blazes.

The cooling fan viscous hub started a pre break up wobble on it's axis, thus hitting the radiator shroud this sounded like big ends knocking...cost me £500 to get sorted by Main Dealer, if I known this I would have done the job myself for the cost of the part only...I panicked and put in for diagnosis...next time I'm gonna be more diligent and less prone to panicking.

So in summary nothing major major has come to say hello, just as well as I still can't find anything to replace her apart from maybe another one with far lower mileage...it may be I keep her running until total demise occurs!!

OH! I nearly forgot to mention the random turn signal flashes i.e left when it should be right etc. Contrary to what I've read online that the trun signal stalk switches cannot be serviced or repaired YES they can. I took the part out removed the back cover and cleaned muck off the ciruit wiper arm...voila! sorted!!! These things are packed with grease during fitment at the factory over time the grease attracts crap which ten builds up shorting the tracks so oyu get random turn signals flashing.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
WOW you say 870087 holy smokes

·
Registered
530 Posts
...suspect an extra digit in there somewhere o_O

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Sorry my big fingers on the zero , 87087.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Has anyone put on more than 3500 miles on a single trip? May hit close to 3800. I may do it this summer.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts