Dodge Nitro Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am curious who here has the most original miles on their nitro? I just bought mine with 157k. Not too worried about it right now and definitely plan to replace the engine when this one dies, just curious lol

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Still running 260K km or 156k miles

Reactions: Nitrogen and Scar0

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Your not even run in. lol.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
275 K Km or 170,000 miles

Reactions: Scar0 and Nitrogen

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,009 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
The now old “girl” is up to 165,000 miles and still hanging in there. Contrary to popular belief, converting petrol to LPG does not, repeat not damage engines. Having said this, the 3.7 is a high risk engine, meaning the valves could recede as LPG is a dry fuel. To combat this an autolube dosing system should always be installed alongside the LPG system. Autolube is a graphite based lube which adds cylinder head lube into the LPG.

I have had my fair share of things going wrong, the most expensive being the replacement TIPM. The guys in the forum helped me get the job done saving hundreds of hard earned cash at the mercy of Jeep dealers here in the U.K. A massive thanks to Scar0 and the guys you’ve always been there for me!!!!

I just cannot part with the truck as I love it to bits. Even with its resident gremlins...here’s to the next 100,000!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
186,722 :cool:
2007 3.7
SXT (I think). It has the factory tow package and is 4wd.
I replaced the head gaskets just under a year ago, took me 4 days. Replaced water pump before that. Recently I replaced the radiator after the original one blew a chunk out of the side while idling. Also replaced the entire a/c system except for the hoses (evaporator took a day and a half). Replaced electric fan recently.
I cut off the viscous fan because its clutch started making noise and I couldn’t get it off. I don’t tow anything so I figured I don’t need it anyway (thanks for that knowledge Scar0).

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Roo. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts