Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish I could provide actual and color pictures for this but at least everyone will have an idea how their grille comes off. Once the grille is off the center section is usually a removeable piece (usually some clips to hold it in place) and easy to install your aftermarket grille.

REMOVAL
1. Raise and support the hood.
2. Remove the torx screws (1) from the grille to radiator support.
3. Remove the torx screw (2) from the grille to fender.
4. Remove the torx screws (1) from the grille to radiator support.
5. Remove the torx screw (2) from the grille to fender.
6. Remove the push pins (1) from the grille.
7. Carefully pull on the grille assembly to release the fasteners on both sides of the grille.
8. Remove the front lamp, side marker lamp and the turn signal lamp connectors.
9. Carefully pull on the grille assembly to release the fasteners located on the lower part of the grille.
10. Remove the front lamp units from both sides of the grille (Refer to 8 - ELECTRICAL/LAMPS/LIGHTING - EXTERIOR/FRONT LAMP UNIT - REMOVAL) . Only if replacing the entire grille assembly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just to let the community know you need to also unscrew the torx screw underneath the push type connector that attaches the grille to the fender. #2 in the picture is not a torx screw it is the plastic push-in type. So all in all you should be removing (6) torx screws 4 on radiator support and 2 inside hood connecting to fender. (2) screw type push pin fasteners #6 in diagram. (2) push in fasteners located on top of fender connecting grille to fender. If you want a good write up you can go to crutchfield.com and look up the billet grille for the nitro made by carraige works. Then go to hands on research and download the instruction manual that comes with the grille insert. Which I must say is very nice piece and easy to install. Took me just under 2 hours.

·
Registered
655 Posts
part number

The actual part number from K&N is 77-1554kp. That is the 77 series chrome cold air intake. I got mine from Advanced Auto in Michigan, not sure if they are nationwide. only took 5 days to get it. I believe I paid $330.00 for the whole kit. Took me about an hour, taking my time. The directions that came with it were perfect. Very easy to do Just make sure you have the correct torx bit to remove the airbox that connects to the throttle body. Vroom Vroom!

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Can't wait to see what you have in the works! :smileup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi guys. Sorry I'm having trouble with this. I've tried following the guidelines but just can't release the grille. It appears as though the grille is attached or screwed in at the bottom of the grille toward the fender. With the screws removed from the headlamps and radiator and the push pins removed the grille comes uncoupled and moves away from the wheel arch/ wing areas; however the bottom of the grille feels as though it is securely fixed to the fender. It won't pull free. Any ideas would be great.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.