Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from FL.
07’ nitro purchased just under a year ago.

Notable moments so far:
My phone died 14 minutes after I left the lot.
Water pump went out 15 minutes after I left the lot and left me stranded overnight.
I had to use google to help me find the oil filter location.
I changed the head gaskets around Christmas time because I checked the coolant and found it pressurized after the engine being off all night.
I’m a plumber, not a mechanic, but I saved myself well over $1000 and didn’t have to wait. I had a handful of nuts and bolts leftover but that just means I’m smarter than the guy who designed it.
Since then I’ve replaced radiator, electric fan, eliminated viscous fan, evaporator (I capped off the heater core – I live in Florida), replaced the condenser, compressor, and all the little stuff like plugs, coils, brakes and blah blah blah. At first I hated this thing but it’s been pretty good to me lately. I figure stuff will stop breaking eventually.

Big thanks to this forum, I’ve been reading it for months and it’s been a huge help.
I finally decided to join because I wanted @Scar0 to see the Khaki

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,490 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!
BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.

Reactions: Roo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There she goes. I originally planned to strip and polish the factory aluminum wheels, but stripping them was almost impossible and I don’t have a sand blaster. So, black it is. Also painted that godawful chrome grill and the little wannabe grills on the sides. Installed some cheap LED headlight bulbs from Amazon. It’s amazon how much brighter than factory they are. I did however, wire them to the parking lights with an added switch because I read somewhere that those are not run through some weird pulsing system that dodge thought would be a good idea. That fixed the flickering issue that I had even before installing the LEDS. Cheap fog lights also but they’re LED and the color matches the headlights.
Don’t mind the window tint, the cops do enough of that already 🙄

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Hi, great looking ride,
handfull of nuts and bolts left over, that did make me lol

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,142 Posts
Hello and welcome @Roo, to the Nitro “Z” family!

Great looking ride! wish my Khaki looked that good still.

I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW; Thanks for putting your rig details in your Sig! 👍
But I GOT to see that 3.7 Hemi!!! 😍

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe y’all can help me figure out where this bracket goes LOL. It’s from the evaporator job. I think it’s related to the steering column but I cannot figure out exactly where the f it came from. Everything seems normal without it.

Worst case: shed some weight
¯\(ツ)

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,142 Posts
Looks like the upper steering column bracket. It's pretty important.
See this vid at 20:18+..

Reactions: Nitrogen and Roo
1 - 13 of 13 Posts