Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only thing on my control panel that is working is the blower selector. I installed a different panel, replaced fuses,checked my ground & still nothing! Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
Here are the posts from other thread, moved here as Quotes...
I am having problems with my control panel, nothing works on it except for the fan. I bought a used control panel & still nothing,have checked all fuses also. Any suggestions or ideas??
Hi and welcome, i will take a look at the wiring diagram for you and see what i can find.
can you give me a list of everything that does not work.
first thing to try is disconnect the NEGATIVE battery lead for 10 minuets then reconnect, this will reset the vehicles computer, then try your control panel.
I already disconnected battery for 5 min & nothing. Blower switch is only thing that works!
i'm going through the simple things first, fuse M15 if this fuse looks ok then, turn something on from the control panel and give this fuse a wiggle,
I replaced it with a new one.
does your heated rear window work
could be a bad Earth connection, Left hand kick panel, find the Earth point and check it all good, clean and tight.
Ok, I'm a dummy & have o idea what an earth point is unless it's a ground
yes ground, if you remove the left kick panel there should be a ground point on the vehicles metal body, with some wires attached, held on with a nut, this is what you are checking making sure its clean, tight and dry.
Just did that,still nothing!
it's possible you have a Can Bus error, or the new control panel is not correct for your vehicle, not sure, wait for another member to chip in and see what there thoughts are, you could check that there is power at fuse M15: remove the fuse and probe the fuse connectors with a test lamp or multimeter there should be 12vdc on one connector and nothing on the other, or probe the possitive 12vdc power supply wire,at the control panel: connector C1 - Pin 3.
sorry Buddy thats all i have.
This may be different but I had a blown panel blow fan only and I had dealer replace it.
It worked for a while but blew again. Dealer replaced it and it and this one is still working.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
In my 07, the dealer replaced my HVAC controls with a newer version because My A/C was not getting very cold.
The other computers did not recognize it. In order for it to work they also had to replace the gauge cluster with a newer version, and reprogram some of the other computers.
What year did your replacement come out of?
What is the part #s on both the old and new versions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my 07, the dealer replaced my HVAC controls with a newer version because My A/C was not getting very cold.
The other computers did not recognize it. In order for it to work they also had to replace the gauge cluster with a newer version, and reprogram some of the other computers.
What year did your replacement come out of?
What is the part #s on both the old and new versions?
Same part# & year as mine.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
OK. Was it new or used?
Can you post the part #?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
Give me a moment to look.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
Should be the PK/YL wire, FUSED IGNITION RUN CONTROL OUTPUT
With the wire harness socket release up, looking into the plug, 3rd wire, top row from right.

If you look at the rear of the plug in, where the wires come out, you should see #1 labeled.

From front, socket release up, right to left.
1-8 top row, 9-16 bottom row.

Pin 2, color= RD = FUSED B(+) if it is there...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should be the PK/YL wire, B+.
With the wire harness socket release up, looking into the plug, 3rd wire, top row from right.

If you look at the rear of the plug in, where the wires come out, you should see #1 labeled.

From front, socket release up, right to left.
1-8 top row, 9-16 bottom row.
Part# P55111802AG, going to check the pin for power

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
I was editing my above post when you quoted it...

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
Part# P55111802AG is a newer version, Part# P55111802AC is the 07 #
Have you had any work done to the HVAC by a dealer?
Did you check for power at the fuse?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
Did you have power to that wire with the ignition turned on?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
Pull Fuse M11, Check for power at the fuse.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
M15 is used for a lot of things including the gauge cluster, 4x4 switch, turn signals, etc. Did you test it with the ignition "on"?
The Acc 12 volt outlet is on a different fuse, M7.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts