Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quickly Unfolding events this past winter delivered me to the doorstep of the Nitro ownership club. Towards the tail end of a stretch of twentyfive-ish below Minnesota days, a rod in my 05 Saturn Vue snapped like a pretzel. The conclusion was quickly drawn it was neither worth the cost of a used Ecotech nor was it the weather to be pulling apart my old engine only to probably find a plate of irreparable bits and nuts.

Being a financially bereft artist who needed something to drive soon, I purchased the first acceptably priced, similarly sized and type vehicle I looked at. This was a 3.7L, 2010 Dodge Nitro. The previous owner was a bookkeeper at a local body shop so I presumed she was probably around enough car folks to at least understand the importance of changing oil on a regular basis. I knew next to nothing about Dodges these days. The last one I owned was a 1974 Dart Custom with a slant six. If I can be honest, it was one of the best cars I’ve ever driven but that was years prior to a long procession of other vehicles forced me to acquire a basic, decent set of tools and learn how to use them in a ‘problem by problem’ fashion, of which there’s been plenty.

I’m neither disappointed or overwhelmed with joy with my Nitro. It seems solid and has run very well up until last week. Ergo, my seeking out this forum. I’ve no doubt it will prove to be like most vehicles someone of my financial station drives, a mixed bag of some good, some not so, with a hearty measure of luck involved in both.

Thanks for welcoming me. I already notice osme differences between this and many of the other forums I’ve experience with and they are decidedly good ones and welcome. I love big metal puzzle as much as the next person so I won’t dump the issue I’m currently dealing with on the group until I’ve exhausted a few ideas and solutions I have in mind but don’t be surprised if my answers only yield more questions ( yes, I’m at that stage of learning about fixing cars) and I’m back on here with some dumb and hopefully not so dumb questions for everyone.

Thanks again,
David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Teahead,
Thanks for the welcome.
Haven't read all the 'how tos' yet about posting. Will try to do so this evening and hopefully get something up. May have fixed the issue I was having but would like other opinions and have a question about cel codes. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts