Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking on Amazon for four 578 LED festoon bulbs to replace my two map lights, the dome light, and the cargo light. I chose the ones that I got because of their curved shape, and not because of any stated brightness levels. The listed numbers of "lumens" really means nothing with these cheap Chinese LED companies. I also got some 194 wedge bulbs for the foot wells.

My lights went from orange/yellow and pretty dim, to white/blue and blindingly bright. I'm still trying to get used to it, but I think I'll probably end up trying something else. I'm not sure why anyone would want that much light inside their vehicle, in the dark of night. I just wanted to have a more modern look and color, not to grow weed in my car at night!

These are the Auxito bulbs I got:

Product Automotive tire Yellow Font Tire

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Car seat cover

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking about going to Menards, and getting some Philips 578 bulbs to see if they're not blindingly bright. And if they are, I can just take them back. It seems kind of dumb that I would have to pay way more, to get a dimmer bulb, but the Amazon ones all seem to be competing on who can be the brightest.

The small 194s that I got to replace the larger 906 bulbs, in the foot wells, seem to work just fine there.

Product Automotive lighting Font Automotive fog light Electric blue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts