Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
No one has released it yet... DodgeKnitro and I both got sick of waiting and spliced the harness...

-Lil'
I think I'm the only one who hasn't spliced mine yet.. It's kinda odd to think that they (Metra or whoever) are waiting this long to get this wiring harness out, yet all these people are just snipping wires and wiring in their own radio without problem. Makes ya wonder what the actual hold up is.. It's gotta be a conspiracy.. (OK probably not, but it makes me feel better..) :D

·
Registered
659 Posts
No snipping needed at all... if you use t-tap splice wire connectors (see photo below)
http://www.midterminc.com/media/3m951.gif

You just tap into the correct wires on the harness. If Metra ever does decide to release the damn harness just remove the t-taps and wire as usual... to be honest with you... the only 2 things that you can use from factory harness are the canbus wires...

-Lil'

·
Registered
167 Posts
No snipping needed at all... if you use t-tap splice wire connectors (see photo below)
http://www.midterminc.com/media/3m951.gif

You just tap into the correct wires on the harness. If Metra ever does decide to release the damn harness just remove the t-taps and wire as usual... to be honest with you... the only 2 things that you can use from factory harness are the canbus wires...

-Lil'
Yeah it probably wouldn't be that bad.. I just wouldn't want to take everything apart to reinstall another harness. I'll probably just wait it out.. or at least try to wait it out.. The one thing I can see them using the canbus for though is the illumination. It's a cheesy option, but it does really add to the finished look of the system. Actually, I wouldn't doubt that the canbus also houses the 'speed sensor' that everyone is looking for but like ya said.. we won't know til they finally release it..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.