Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody added hid´s to their nitro yet???
I wanna put some on but i dont know the bulb size the nitro carries.
Can anybody help me out???

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Let us know if you find anything. The bulbs for the Nitro, both headlight and fog light, seem to be in short supply and production right now - only see them in OEM versions. Sylvania doesn't list a 9008 model yet for their Silverstar line..HID would be a nice upgrade..

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had ordered and was ready to install Bi-Xenon HID's. What stopped me? There isnt much room in the forward engine bay to put the ballasts without ripping apart the grill and mounting them below the headlamps. I am hoping with the aftermarket frenzy of these vehicles someone will produce a full lamp projector with HID's or the R/T will come with them....

·
Registered
659 Posts
I had ordered and was ready to install Bi-Xenon HID's. What stopped me? There isnt much room in the forward engine bay to put the ballasts without ripping apart the grill and mounting them below the headlamps. I am hoping with the aftermarket frenzy of these vehicles someone will produce a full lamp projector with HID's or the R/T will come with them....
I have an R/T and it doesn't come with them... just figured i'd let you guys know.

-Lil'

·
Registered
13 Posts
What are the pros/cons of H13 Xenon HI/LOW (where low is HID and hi is halogen) vs. a Bi-Xenon where both hi and low are both Xenon?

I've heard that it takes Xenon a few seconds (or more) to come to full brightness. Since my hi beams are normally used to quickly flash other drivers (e.g., indicate they can merge), would it be better to use the xenon(low)/halogen(hi) version?

·
Registered
659 Posts
To follow up on this question furthur I decided to purchase the H13 Lumanics in titanium white... I haven't been really impressed... they seem very dim to me.. Are the HID conversions far brighter than the Halogens?

-Lil'

·
Registered
42 Posts
After the HID convertion your lights are PURE WHITE! Unless you buy the 8000k and up bulbs then they start getting blue and it seems to be less light and just look cool! Stay with the 6000-6500k kit. you will love it!

Make sure you tell them that it is for a Dodge! Or it will not work on your Nitro.

Here is a pic of the color

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.