Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on who has given a good / fair deal on a nitro in the local area? I live in the sw burbs, but do not mind driving for a good deal, or waiting if it needs to be shipped.

Looking for an R/T with the Mygig system.

Or should I walk into a dealer and order one? If so, what are my chances of negotiating a fair price?

THANKS! :Banana01:

· Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
I'm in Columbus, Ohio so I don't know your area but Chicago is a big town and I'm guessing there are a few Dodge dealers in that area. I'd spend some time and go to all of 'em. Get a feel for the dealer you like best. I go in and play each dealer against the others. Get some prices on what you want. If they'll write out a quote (doubtful) great... if not get them to write the price on their business card. Get the informal quotes together and then go back to dealer or salesman you liked or trusted most and get them to beat the best price you've found. If you've do this much work they'll usually try to earn your business.
You can also go to www.autobuytel.com and get some idea of where the price should be.
Good luck to ya...

· Registered
12 Posts
I went to Naperville Dodge and bought mine in early Dec. They were not dealing then as they only had 2 SLT's on the property but I was treated well by the salesperson. You can go to Dodge.com and look under dealer inventory to see what they have in stock. Good luck!

· Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
It's a ways away but Champion Chrysler in Rockwell City, Iowa is an excellent resource. They do a fair no nonsense deal and won't screw you. It's in a small town of about 1700 people. Real honest and will work WITH you not try to take you for a ride!!!. When I lived in Chicago, now live in Iowa, I bought all my cars from this dealership. They worked with me on the title transfer to Illinois and everything. I highly reccommend them. It's about 7 hours from Chicago on US Highway 20. Trust me! They are very trustworthy and reliable.

They have a toll free number: (800) 676-7537
Give em a call!!!

· Registered
7 Posts
I also live in the sw burbs. Went to thomas dodge in orland park and napleton
in oak lawn.Both were almost identical in price. A freind suggested I try
kunes country auto group in Mount Carmel, about 2 hours west of here.
I told them exactly what I was looking for and they called back a short time
later saying found the nitro. They beat the others by $1300. There was no
hassle or dickering like the dealers in our area.

· Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
I also live in the sw burbs. Went to thomas dodge in orland park and napleton
in oak lawn.Both were almost identical in price. A freind suggested I try
kunes country auto group in Mount Carmel, about 2 hours west of here.
I told them exactly what I was looking for and they called back a short time
later saying found the nitro. They beat the others by $1300. There was no
hassle or dickering like the dealers in our area.
Wow! Sounds like you found a great dealer! Lucky you!!

· Registered
233 Posts
Viking in Crystal Lake gave me a decent price, but the sales people turned into pricks after I signed the papers. Not sure I would ever buy from them again. Although they have changed a lot of management since I bought mine. I will say the service department has been top notch, nothing but professional guys in the service area.

· Registered
6 Posts
I went to Tyson in Shorewood and my wife had a program to buy one for 3k off invoice and they beat it. I gave them a check for $100 to order what I wanted and in 4 weeks it came in from the factory. We got an incredible deal $28,765 sticker and we paid $24,071 before tax, title, etc..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.