Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which wire controls the illumination? I have seen the wiring diagram but it makes no mention of the illumination wire. Also has anyone used a pac-swi-ps module for using your steering wheels controls with an after market radio?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I assume you are asking about the panel lamps dimming? When I say that I'm refering to the control of the instrument panel brightness control using the left multifunction switch.

The panel lamp dimming feature on a Nitro is controlled over the Local Interface Network (LIN) bus. The left multifunction switch sends electronic bus messages to the steering control module (SCM) and then to the ElectroMechanical Cluster (EMIC) which controls illumination intensity. Unfortunately, its not a wire that can be tapped into for controlling a stereo head unit illumination. Hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I assume you are asking about the panel lamps dimming? When I say that I'm refering to the control of the instrument panel brightness control using the left multifunction switch.

The panel lamp dimming feature on a Nitro is controlled over the Local Interface Network (LIN) bus. The left multifunction switch sends electronic bus messages to the steering control module (SCM) and then to the ElectroMechanical Cluster (EMIC) which controls illumination intensity. Unfortunately, its not a wire that can be tapped into for controlling a stereo head unit illumination. Hope this answers your question.
Do you happen to know the location of the G201 Ground point for the instrument cluster illumination?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.