Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how the DVD function works in the in dash radio? I was wondering if the back of the radio had video out jacks. I noticed the overhead video had a slot to insert a DVD. So I don't believe the in dash is used in conjuction with the overhead system. It would be nice if it worked with aftermarket video monitors.

I asked the salesman, but he had know idea.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well the back of the factory radios do not have video out jacks but the radio should be used for sound of the DVD you are playing in the overhead DVD player. Most overhead flip down players are FM modulated to the radio for sound. Aftermarket DVD systems either have the player built in like the factory one or has a seperate one that gets hidden under the seat or in the console.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been searching the net for an adapter to use the factory dvd player with an aftermarket monitor with no luck. I took the stereo out and noticed there was an extra plug for a wiring harness. My guess is that would be used for the video. It could be that the vehicle is so new that no one hase come out with an adapter yet... Has anyone found a solution to this?

G

·
Does anybody know how the DVD function works in the in dash radio? I was wondering if the back of the radio had video out jacks. I noticed the overhead video had a slot to insert a DVD. So I don't believe the in dash is used in conjuction with the overhead system. It would be nice if it worked with aftermarket video monitors.

I asked the salesman, but he had know idea.
From viewing the dodge nitro brochure, it looks as if there's two video displays/players available for the nitro.

My guess is the factory-installed video entertainment system (VES) uses the in-dash cd/dvd player, as there is no slot.

The mopar add-on display/player is a different from the factory VES and contains it's own DVD player.

Can anybody confirm this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
From viewing the dodge nitro brochure, it looks as if there's two video displays/players available for the nitro.

My guess is the factory-installed video entertainment system (VES) uses the in-dash cd/dvd player, as there is no slot.

The mopar add-on display/player is a different from the factory VES and contains it's own DVD player.

Can anybody confirm this?
Yes. This is true. I have the VES and the DVDs go in the in-dash player. Any and all of the 6 slots will work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
6 CD/DVD Player.

Question 1.
Has anyone been successful in tapping into this radio in order to display the video on an aftermarket video display screen?
In other words, do pins C3/5&6 off the back of the radio really provide video feed if no factory or Mopar screen is installed in the Nitro.

Question 2.
Someone mentioned somewhere that the vehicle had a composite jack for video out of the 6 cd/dvd radio along the wiring harness somewhere. Has anyone ever found this, and where?

Comment.
Target now has a pretty nice little dvd monitor that runs on both 12volts and 120vac, with all sorts of video and audio inputs. Although not a swing down mount, still good for custom applications. Cost, $79.99

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.