Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2010 nitro 3.7 42rle tranny went into limp mode the check engine light came on and it stuck in second gear I scanned for codes and got p0882 (low tcm power input) and p0750 ( shift solenoid A bad ) please correct me if im wrong so If I were throwing just p0750 I would assume I need to replace the solenoid pack in the transmission but because its throwing p0882 with it that's telling me its a short between the TIPM and the computer or there and the tranny or a bad ground??? is it possible a bad solenoid pack would throw both codes??? ive done a hard reset a bunch of times ive erased the code with my scan tool it sometimes turns off the CEL but remains in 2nd gear im having trouble locating wire diagrams that shows wire colors for the pcm power input and locations of all the trannys electrical components anyone have any idea where I could find? also some goofy things been happening that have been making this hard to troubleshoot and resolve when I first started diagnosing things the voltage while running was a little over 14 volts but now its around 12.5 volts the charge light comes on randomly when the battery is drained and the alternator is under a load it starts whining could this be my problem bad alternator or and battery ?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,201 Posts
Welcome to the forum Byron Reeves. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

In the list of the P0882 "could cause these codes" the P0750 is not listed. P0846, P0869, and P0871 are listed.
The P0882 sets at less than 3.0 volts at the transmission control output circuits from the PCM.

The first thing to check is the transmission control relay K5.
And yes, any voltage problem could cause this.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
if you are unplugging electrical connectors whilst the engine is running you may get a no charge issue,
if you have a short circuit then you could also get a no charge issue,
whatever is causing the battery to loose charge needs sorting out first, the Nitro just will not function correctly with low battery voltage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first ive swapped relays around and it made no difference but now im pretty frustrated with this thing I thought I was making progress when I unclipped the TIPM I found some frayed wires on the harness closest to the drivers side I repaired those with some heat shrink tubing and patched a few wires that were hanging on by a few strands I went ahead and got a new battery my alternator quit making that whining noise but also isn't making any volts it would run off the battery for a few hours until the battery would die but now when I hook up the fully charged battery that reads 12.8 volts with it running you can watch the volts drop fast and drains the battery completely with in 10 minutes what could be doing this? my best guess is bad diodes in alternator ? so for sure now I need to replace the alternator im just wondering is there something going on that fried my alternator or is it possible that the alternator could have triggered LIMP MODE and the p0882 and p0750 codes PLEASE SOMEONE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!!

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,201 Posts
Is the TIPM getting Hot? Eating volts like that should cause some real heat.
If you have lights on, and the heater blowing, that will also drain a battery pretty fast.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah nothing getting hot that I can see I made sure everything was off btw theres two fuses outside of the fuse box or tipm one infront of the tipm and one in the back theyre both 20 amp fuses

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also u have any idea where I can find a good wiring diagram or do u know how to locate the tcm power input wire?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,201 Posts
yeah nothing getting hot that I can see I made sure everything was off btw theres two fuses outside of the fuse box or tipm one in front of the tipm and one in the back theyre both 20 amp fuses
? I am not aware of any fuses outside of the TIPM that are stock.
?tcm? power input wire?. Can you be more specific? TCM is transmission control module. With an SLT I assume you have the 3.7 and 42REL trany. This combination does not have a separate TCM, the PCM does double duty as both.
There are only a couple plugs going to the trany.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Your A/C clutch could be draining the battery if it is faulty, fuse M15.

with the battery draining so quick something somewhere is getting hot,

put the battery on the vehicle fully charged, connect a multimeter to the battery keep your eye on the voltage, pull the fuses out one by one untill you find which circuit is causing the battery to drain, the sooner you find the fault the better.

Do Not fully drain the battery, they don't make batteries like they used to.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Fuses M3 and M37 power to PCM fuse M25 power to fuel pump.

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Fuse J18 sends power throught the transmission control relay.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,201 Posts
You have to be careful. Some wires going to the trany only have 5 volts, some are data only. Do NOT supply/apply outside voltage to any wire!
The Yl/Or wire going to the transmission solenoid pressure switch is 12V.
Right side, above the Cat. Plug is brown 10 way on the trany

The Yl/Or wire going to the line pressure sensor variable force solenoid
is 12V.
Br/Lg is 5 volt supplied by the PCM. Lower drivers side above Cat.
Plug is black 6 way on the trany.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Byron Reeves going back to post 4, as your battery voltage falls, you may get all kinds of fault codes because of the low voltage, at this point don't worry about them, just try and find what is causing the battery to drain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I traced one of them going to the cig lighter and the other goes to the DVD player in the back the DVD player was installed by the dealership someone previously to me must have wired up the fuse socket for the aux cig lighter

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
? I am not aware of any fuses outside of the TIPM that are stock.
?tcm? power input wire?. Can you be more specific? TCM is transmission control module. With an SLT I assume you have the 3.7 and 42REL trany. This combination does not have a separate TCM, the PCM does double duty as both.
There are only a couple plugs going to the trany.

I traced one of them going to the cig lighter and the other goes to the DVD player in the back the DVD player was installed by the dealership someone previously to me must have wired up the fuse socket for the aux cig lighter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Byron. I have the same year Nitro and same exact error codes. I haven't tested voltage yet and no issues with alternator. Did you ever figure out what the issue was? Was it the Solenoid or something else?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Byron. I have the same year Nitro and same exact error codes. I haven't tested voltage yet and no issues with alternator. Did you ever figure out what the issue was? Was it the Solenoid or something else?
Hi Ravi sorry man I just saw your post it's unfortunate your having the same problems but maybe we can help each other out . So update on my nitro where I live H.O.A rules I'm not allowed to work on anything here also and started a business in January luckily when I was informed they let me finish what I was doing so I had ordered a new shift solenoid pack I dropped the pan and the valve body and puth the new solenoid on and had some troubles with shifter linkage putting it back on anyone know of a good diagram source?? So I put tranny fluid in and fired it up and still showing same codes and a new problem with the shift linkage

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Ravi sorry man I just saw your post it's unfortunate your having the same problems but maybe we can help each other out . So update on my nitro where I live H.O.A rules I'm not allowed to work on anything here also and started a business in January luckily when I was informed they let me finish what I was doing so I had ordered a new shift solenoid pack I dropped the pan and the valve body and puth the new solenoid on and had some troubles with shifter linkage putting it back on anyone know of a good diagram source?? So I put tranny fluid in and fired it up and still showing same codes and a new problem with the shift linkage

1 - 20 of 23 Posts