Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings from currently chilly upstate New York.

We picked our Nitro up last Tues PM. We were in the market for a new vehicle to replace the '95 Blazer I'd been driving since it was new, but wasn't looking specifically for a Nitro - I actually had an FJ Cruiser in my head. That wasn't necessarily my wife's first choice, though. When we saw & sat in both an FJ and a Nitro at the local mall's car show, we both fell in love with the Nitro. Never expected to have one in our garage (barely w/ the antenna) within 2 weeks!

My Grandfather, Dad, Uncles & Brothers have always been Dodge fans, so I feel as if I'm back where I belong.

No big excursions yet, but I just love it. My wife comments on how pretty it is every night when I get home. So far, all other reviews have been great, too.

It's quite dirty at the moment - I plan to give it a wash tonight - so no pics for now.
----------------------
Update - Added Photo!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Birddog. Glad to hear you went with the Nitro. My sister in-law likes the FJ too, but I keep telling her it looks like a Landcruiser they over-inflated. :SHOCKED:
I'm curious what your take on it is.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Birddog, Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:

I was actually in the same boat as you. I really wanted an FJ, but wife put the axe to it when she found out the back doors are just suicides. With a baby on the way, she wanted a full back door. I thought Toyota did a great job on the FJ. It's a fantastic vehicle, but I LOVE my Nitro. It's been a kickass vehicle for me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Here, you will find nice understanding people who love to help whne they can. I hope you are enjoying your new ride and we look forward to your pictures. All the very best from the "Left Coast". Joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum, Birddog. Glad to hear you went with the Nitro. My sister in-law likes the FJ too, but I keep telling her it looks like a Landcruiser they over-inflated. :SHOCKED:
I'm curious what your take on it is.
Re: the FJ - My wife felt it was too big & a little too "different". That different, retro Land Cruiser look was what appealed to me, but once inside, I thought it didn't have enough window, particularly in the rear. Seemed a little spartan on the inside, too. I really like the Nitro inside & out, though. One of the first things many people have said is "Wow! Are how big are those wheels, anyway?"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.