Infinity Soundsystem And Aftermarket Solutions - And A Bit Evic... | Dodge Nitro Forum

Infinity Soundsystem And Aftermarket Solutions - And A Bit Evic...

Discussion in 'Dodge Nitro Interior Modifications' started by Steelborn, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Steelborn

Steelborn New Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro
    Color:
    Black
    Hello guys,

after reading a couple of threads and different forums I'm just wondering about some stuff.
    Hope you don't mind to answer to the following (or give me a hint where I can read anwers to similiar questions).

Infinity
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I want to change the OEM-Radio/DVD with a not yet specified Android/Navigation system.
    As far as I have reasearched yet, there are potentiell pitfalls.

I think I have the Infinity Sound system (so the dealer told me, but who knows...). Can I prove this anywhere?

So a infinity-system is an active system, right? Which means it has canbus signals and so on which makes it unable to work with aftermarket sound/navigation systems by default (no plug an play since they are not supporting the canbus).

But I read about an adaptor (https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18010_PAC-C2R-CHY4.html) - will this adaptor make it possible to use any navigation system/radio - are there drawbacks (like not supporting some functions or anything else)?

I just want to use the current soundsystem (boxes, woofer, everything else), but just change the radio to one with touchscreen, navigation and rear camera without loosing the sound of the system.

EVIC
    --------------------------------------
    The site https://vindecoder.eu/check-vin/ tells me I have a SXT -
    but I have no EVIC and no steering wheel remote control - was the EVIC an optional component for the SXT? Is it possible to change the odometer from imperial to metric system ( miles to kilometers, fahrenheit to celcius) within the system or does it need a chrysler starscan to set this up?

--------------------------------------

So thankful for your answers!

2. Scar0

Scar0 Khaki Nitro Nut Moderator Member Relations NOTM Winner!

Vehicle:
    07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    Since you have an OEM Sub you have the infinity system.
    You have the correct adapter listed above to keep your features, including the Sub.
    You can not change the cluster to get advanced EVIC.
    1. Only a dealer can change a cluster.
    2. I'm not sure if it is the cluster you would have to change, as much as it would be programming and changing your steering wheel to one with the controls.
    3. Not sure if it can even be done.

Without the advanced EVIC, only a dealer can change those features in the computer.

3. Steelborn

Steelborn New Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro
    Color:
    Black

Thank you for your answer.

I think I dont want to change a cluster(?) - I was just wondering if the EVIC was an optional or standard part of the SXT equipment. I'm just not sure if the car is a "SXT"
    equipment class like the site tells me by the VIN.
    I wanted to change the odometers display to metric system, so I have to find a dealer? Who is it? Chrysler or Fiat? In germany i dont think there is a "Dodge" dealer anymore... Maybe some dealers that import dodges... I will ask there.

I'm glad, that the given adaptor will fit my needs for the radio issue. :)

4. Scar0

Vehicle:
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    EVIC is standard in all Nitro. The advance EVIC was available in the SLT and R/T was standard, not sure if it was an option for the SXT. Mine does not have it.
    Basically if you had the steering wheel controls you had the advanced EVIC. I do not know if you replaced your steering wheel with one that has the controls, if it would automatically display the features we can't see.

Fiat dealer should be able to change the settings for you.

5. Nitrogen

Nitrogen Well-Known Member NOTM Winner!

Vehicle:
    Nitro 2.8 CRD
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Brilliant Black
    Steelborn if you have the 4.0l petrol engine i think you have the R/T not SXT.

6. Nitrogen

Vehicle:
    Nitro 2.8 CRD
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Brilliant Black
    also is your Nitro German or has it been imported from another country ?.

Scar0 likes this.
  7. Scar0

Vehicle:
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    That is a good question. It has the US front bumper, headlights, and tail lights, and the paint scheme is of an SLT, color matched fenders and bumper, with unpainted plastic under the doors and air dam. Not an SXT, which has unpainted plastic bumpers, fenders, and air dam.
    The R/T would have everything color matched.
    It looks like someone also added small lights under the headlights in the gap cover. And maybe small marker lights in front of the front door.
    [​IMG]

8. Steelborn

Steelborn New Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro
    Color:
    Black
    I don' know if it was initialy sold by dodge in germany or if it was an import by a private person. The existing documents don't show that.

Its a 3.7l 2x4 petrol engine (one of the owners before also added a LPG-System).

The small indicator lights under the headlights are caused by the traffic law in germany, and are added subsequently.

What look like an additional light near the doors is a batch which says "limited edition"... whatever that means.

By the vin the site I posted before tells me:

Manufacturer:
    Chrysler Group LLC
    Manufacturer Address:
    800 Chrysler Dr
    Auburn Hills MI 48326-2757
    Product Type:
    Reserved
    Make:
    Dodge
    Model:
    Nitro
    Series:
    KA
    Trim:
    SXT
    Body:
    Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV)/Multi Purpose Vehicle (MPV)
    Drive:
    4x2
    Number of Seats:
    Number of Doors:
    Steering:
    Left Hand Drive (LHD)
    Fuel Type - Primary:
    Gasoline
    Engine Displacement (ccm):
    Engine Power (kW):
    Engine Cylinders:
    Transmission:
    Automatic
    Number of Gears:
    Check Digit:
    X
    Model Year:
    Plant Company:
    Toledo North Assembly
    Plant Country:
    United States
    Sequential Number:

Scar0 likes this.
  9. Scar0

Vehicle:
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    It was hard to tell in the Pic if that was a badge or a light by the door.
    The Nitros manufactured for the Euro market would have had a light in that location by the door, and the light under the headlight would have been built into the inside of actual headlight. So I knew that lower light was aftermarket.
    Also, the Euro Nitro has clear side marker diffuser on the headlight sides, instead of yellow.
    So this is definitely a North American Nitro, unless the previous owner spent a fortune to convert a Euro Nitro.

It may very well be an SXT.
    With a sales code AGR, which includes;
    SXT Appearance Group -
    " Body color body side molding; Body color front and rear bumpers; Body color fender flares; Requires: [2_C] Quick Order Package"
    There is 1 maybe 2 other members (08's also) here with that.
    Unfortunately, the only way to get an actual build sheet(Options report) is from a dealer. The Dodge website will give you more details, but not the options codes.
    -------------
    Do you know how they dealt with the rear fog light requirement for the Euro market?
    Did they add a light to the rear reflector part of the US light?
    The Euro tail lights have 4 bulbs; 2 red and 2 clear sections, with a very small reflector.
    North American build has 3 light bulbs; 2 red sections, 1 white, and a reflector.

10. Steelborn

Steelborn New Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro
    Color:
    Black
    Very good question - to be honest I have to check this...
    Can't tell if you can see it at the Picture ...

According to the vehicle registration:

"In-etwa-Wirkung für Sicherheitsgurte und Beleuchtungs-Einrichtung nachgewiesen, Scheinwerfer für Abblendlicht und Fernlicht Kennzeichnung DC DECOMA 07KA H13. Ausnahmegenehmigung nach §70 STVO erteilt."

which means (more or the less)

"reasonably effect for seat belts and lighting equipment demonstrated, headlights for dipped beam and high beam marking DC DECOMA 07KA H13. Special permission granted according to §70 STVO."

Scar0 likes this.
  11. Nitrogen

Vehicle:
    Nitro 2.8 CRD
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Brilliant Black
    going by the above info i would say it is a SXT and imported from USA, (probably never had advanced EVIC).

the first Black Startech Nitro, that was a USA model, they probably made the journey to Germany together.

Scar0 likes this.
  12. Scar0

Vehicle:
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    Sorry for all the questions. I'm just a curious kind of guy.
    I think Nitrogen is correct, and it never had the advanced EVIC.

I wish we had a low cost way to convert to LPG over here.

13. Steelborn

Steelborn New Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro
    Color:
    Black
    Yeah I don't think it had the advanced EVIC too... But there is no dealer near to me who says he can change the systems measurement... all lack of the device to setup the software...

There is another thing that drives me nuts...

Does the US Nitro come with a rear fog light?
    It has to have one... otherwise I don't know how it passed 5 general inspections in germany - but neither the manual tells me about it (but of the front fog light) nor does the interior seems to have a button or lever for it...

14. Nitrogen

Vehicle:
    Nitro 2.8 CRD
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Brilliant Black
    No the US Nitro does not have a rear fog light, the export Nitro has an additional light setting on the headlight multifunction switch.

Scar0 likes this.
  15. Steelborn

Steelborn New Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro
    Color:
    Black
    thank you, so this was the last clear indicator that it's an import... ^^

Well then I have to add a rear fog light until next general inspection...

Scar0 likes this.
  16. Nitrogen

Vehicle:
    Nitro 2.8 CRD
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Brilliant Black
    can you find a set of rear lights from a breakers yard, you would still have to wire in a fog light but it would look alot better.

17. Steelborn

Steelborn New Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro
    Color:
    Black
    well finding a dodge nitro on a breakers yard in germany is not very common...
    I could order some rear lights from ebay... but because of the already existing
    rear running light I think I will change this to a "all in once" bar-like led-solution...

Nitrogen likes this.
  18. Scar0

Vehicle:
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    I converted my US to rear Euro tails. I never considered making the euro rear fog into an actual rear fog. Instead I made it into an additional brake light.

Euro tails are top-down; (red lens)running and brake, (clear lens)turn signal, (clear lens) backup, (red lens) fog.
    US tails are top-down; (red lens) running and brake, (red lens) turn signal, (red lens) reflector, (clear lens) backup.

Probably the reason it passed inspection is the front fog lights will not come on by themselves. IE when you pull the stalk to turn on the fogs, the running lights also come on. Which would show a red light to the rear.

There is not a lot of room behind the US reflector part of the US tails to add a standard bulb in that area. But I'd bet you would be able to add a small LED by drilling a small hole in the back.( you can NOT drill thru the bulb backer[the part the bulbs go into)! So it would have to be drilled off center.) Then you could tie the LEDs into the front fogs light wires without having to worry to much about over loading the circuit.

Nitrogen likes this.
  19. Nitrogen

Vehicle:
    Nitro 2.8 CRD
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Brilliant Black
    judging by post #10, it looks like your Nitro has permission for the lights the way they are, if not it should be easy to sort out, which ever way you decide to go, we can certainly help out with any wiring info you need.

have you decided which andriod system you are going to buy ?.
    this is a pic of the infinity subwoofer in the cargo area, there is a small badge which says infinity also the Amplifier is behind this panel.
    [​IMG]

Scar0 likes this.
  20. Steelborn

Steelborn New Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro
    Color:
    Black
    ok... so if this is the infinity-system I have definetely NOT an infinity system - neither I have a "infinity badge" on any of the speakers nor the sub in the cargo aera (or even speakers)...
    Because I dind't know better I believed what the dealer told me... shame on me...

on the other hand... that will possibly negate the need of a speacial canbus cable?...

Nitrogen likes this.