Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
actually this engine is also available in the new 2007 chrysler pacifica and they are shipping the first engines for the pacifica thats why we are waiting for engines for the R/T

engine is built in the trenton engine plant and they are producing them and shipping them now (for the pacifica)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice. Thanks for the clarification warrior!

actually this engine is also available in the new 2007 chrysler pacifica and they are shipping the first engines for the pacifica thats why we are waiting for engines for the R/T

engine is built in the trenton engine plant and they are producing them and shipping them now (for the pacifica)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nice. Thanks for the clarification warrior!
no problem!!!!

i just hope they start shipping engines for us waiting R/T guys (and gals) soon
i know someone that works at the toledo plant where they are built....i will have to send him an email and find out if he has any info on release date for the R/T
this waiting to order is killing me!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I hear that. I'd like to just test-drive one and feel the difference between it and the 3.7. 45-50 more horsepower (depending on what you look at), would feel pretty different in this vehicle I would think...

no problem!!!!

i just hope they start shipping engines for us waiting R/T guys (and gals) soon
i know someone that works at the toledo plant where they are built....i will have to send him an email and find out if he has any info on release date for the R/T
this waiting to order is killing me!!!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I read on another site that the R/T versions won't be out until January. You will be looking at $30,000+ for those. There is a bunch of extras that can be ordered but who needs all those things. We just want to look good in our NITROs........

·
Registered
415 Posts
I read on another site that the R/T versions won't be out until January. You will be looking at $30,000+ for those. There is a bunch of extras that can be ordered but who needs all those things. We just want to look good in our NITROs........

my thinking is that if i am going to order a vehicle i plan to keep for atleast 5 years why whould i not get all the extras. an alarm, remote start, mygig, etc. in my opinion these items add to the useability and function of the vehicle (along with looking good) but then again thats just my opinion, and i like all the extras (even planning on ordering alot of goodies out of the accessories cagalogue)

i just cant wait to order..................:D

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Not saying that all those things aren't nice, I was like referring to such as the Nav system. If I had that it would be a waste as I don't travel that much and like all us men, we always know where we are going.........At least we think so anyway......

G

·
my thinking is that if i am going to order a vehicle i plan to keep for atleast 5 years why whould i not get all the extras. an alarm, remote start, mygig, etc. in my opinion these items add to the useability and function of the vehicle (along with looking good) but then again thats just my opinion, and i like all the extras (even planning on ordering alot of goodies out of the accessories cagalogue)

i just cant wait to order..................:D
That's my thinking too, WarriorBob. I plan to order all the options and I'll go for most every Dodge accessory item for the R/T. It'll be worth it to me.

I'll also be waiting for Mopar performance parts to fit the 4.0L as well.

Even now, I'm looking for 24" rims to fit the R/T...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
to be honest with everybody im haven 2nd thoughts about buying the r/t just because its a new motor. i might wait about 6 mths or year to buy it. im in love with the body style. But i will be replacing a 04 acura TL with the nitro, and for me to go to vehicle that has not proved it self is kinda hard> you see my wife is the one that wants a suv ( she had been wanting the h3 but i think the h3 is a piece of #@$%. i like the fj but i dont like the fact it is not a true 4 door. will see what happens

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wait for the R/T, much better engine than the outdated 3.7L! The new 4.0L is a stroked 3.5L engine which is proven. It has way more usable power too.

3.7L [email protected] & [email protected] Off idle Torque [email protected]

4.0L [email protected] & [email protected] Off idle Torque [email protected]

Now compare the 3.7L engine power at the same rpm as the 4.0L

3.7L [email protected] & [email protected] Off idle Torque [email protected]

You can see by the time you hit 1200rpm the 4.0L is making 50tq more to push this Nitro, then by 6000rpm it's a good 85hp ahead for passing let alone keeping a good amount of power more threw out the entire power band. :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.