Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Nitro R/T
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I have an issue with the interior fan that allways runs with the same power!? If I turn it to 0 it still runs and on full power it stills runs at the same power as on 0!
Is there anyone here that have had the same issue and what to do about it?

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Nitro R/T
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have automatic temperature control or regular AC?
I have automatic control! But when I turn the automatic of it still runs at the same power.
I’ve had automatic controlled AC on my previous car. Even so if I whan’t to turn the blower of it won’t stop blowing.
Sometimes the sound of the fan can get a bit annoying so I turn it down to 1 or the lowest power setting just to get rid of the noice but it keeps blowing at the same power censtantly💨🙄

·
Registered
91 Posts
It could be the blower motor resistor:

1.Blower motor stuck on one speed
A common symptom of a faulty blower motor resistor is a blower motor that is stuck on one setting. The blower motor resistor is the component directly responsible for controlling the blower motor fan speed. If the resistor shorts or fails, it may cause the blower motor to remain stuck on one fan speed. The heating and air conditioning systems may still function at one speed, however the resistor will have to be replaced in order for full functionality to be restored
Should be able to get one for $15 - 20. I don't know for sure that's what's wrong, but for $20, it would be good to eliminate that as the possible problem.

Rectangle Composite material Electronics accessory Transparency Computer component

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Nitro R/T
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could be the blower motor resistor:

Should be able to get one for $15 - 20. I don't know for sure that's what's wrong, but for $20, it would be good to eliminate that as the possible problem.

View attachment 40593
That really sounds like it would solve my problem. I will try to replace it and post again when it’s done👍🏻
do you where it’s located?

·
Registered
2007 CRD
386 Posts
Automatic temperature control does not have regular blower resistor. It has PWM regulated speed control. Your blower module should have 5 wires, disconnect the thinnest wire, If it stops, then you may have bigger probleem.
Btw, do you have Webasto/Eberspächer preheater? Webasto controls blower via special relay.

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Nitro R/T
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Automatic temperature control does not have regular blower resistor. It has PWM regulated speed control. Your blower module should have 5 wires, disconnect the thinnest wire, If it stops, then you may have bigger probleem.
Btw, do you have Webasto/Eberspächer preheater? Webasto controls blower via special relay.
Hos dig i know idag i have Webasto/Eberspächer preheater?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts