Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed in several places on my headliner where entering the vehicle and the sunroof cover that several areas have been stained already..has anyone else noticed this? The manual says to use a mild detergent - but I mean Ive had it 5 days and its already getting stains on it..I guess ill have to see if they come out - but is anyone else noticing this? Ill take a pic or two later today and post.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Being a light colored headliner the dirt is going to show up more easily. However I had a few fingerprints on mine and they just wiped off. Now the seats are another story.....They are supposed to be very stain resistant. I have 3 grandaughters....I certainly hope so!!!!!!!!!

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i understand that it just seemed like it appeared to easy for the way ive been treating it...what did you use to wipe it off? Im going to try just a dampened cloth in a little and see how that works..and if that doesnt work ill try a little cleaner

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
I've got an interior question (help...don't know how to start a topic). I just got my factory floor mats today... they were back ordered. Does anybody think the rear ones fit kinda funny espesially the drivers side rear?

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I havent really looked at my rear floormats but i will check them out...

To start your own thread..go to the proper forum and click "New Thread" at top and bottom of the forum..

and as for cleaning the interior Magic Eraser would not be a good idea for the interior on the Nitro. I used Armor All OxiMagic and it took out the strains like magic :) Link: http://www.armorall.com/prod_oxi.html

·
Registered
81 Posts

To start your own thread..go to the proper forum and click "New Thread" at top and bottom of the forum..

and as for cleaning the interior Magic Eraser would not be a good idea for the interior on the Nitro. I used Armor All OxiMagic and it took out the strains like magic :) Link: http://www.armorall.com/prod_oxi.html
Glad you got the stains out. You might give the poor mans solution a try next time. White vinegar & warm water.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
My SLT also had the factory mats and no, the drivers rear didn't fit well at all.
Thanks LVMYNITRO... I just wanted to make sure it wasnt just me. The fronts are great but the drivers back doesn't really fit into the recess in the floor right and the passenger side rear fits in it's recess like it's too small.
It'll be fine... I mean it's not a major thing, it's only floor mats. Once the big one gets bent and molded over the ridge it'll be hard to tell. I was really surprised that it was so far off though. It's the first "fit & finish" problem I've encountered.

People love the Nitro everywhere I go... so all is good!

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts

Thanks NitroWill... by the way are you still in Texas or are ya on the road? If you've done the long trip in the Nitro anything to report... besides stares?

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
Seat Stains HELP!!!

Hey Guys,

I have a Nitro with the non yes essentials cloth seats. My friend got some Mc Donalds burger grease on them. I wiped them off with Armor All wipes and it really just spread the stain rather then clearing it away. The wipes lsited on the bottle that they remove stains from fabric but the stain has spread out. What can I use to clean these cloth seats that will not harm them?

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
Hey Guys,

I have a Nitro with the non yes essentials cloth seats. My friend got some Mc Donalds burger grease on them. I wiped them off with Armor All wipes and it really just spread the stain rather then clearing it away. The wipes lsited on the bottle that they remove stains from fabric but the stain has spread out. What can I use to clean these cloth seats that will not harm them?
first make a new rule "no eating in my nitro!!!" I am a neat freak and just used a plain ole baby wipe for the service guy dirty hand marks. as for the burger grease try warm water with a tiny bit of cleaner, if that does not work, try resolve and finally, just take it to the car wash and use the shampoo-er on it...good luck, I am a neat freak and that is the order I would try.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
Hey again Meangirl, check out this old thread..

http://www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?t=3293&highlight=stains

I have a "no eat policy" also but the wife is about as useful as a chocolate kettle when it comes to that. I find McD's bags and Tim Hortons crap all over the place after she's been in. She's on her 155th last warning about being a slob. It really is a major piss off for me...:(:(:(

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've got the basic seats as well and my husband is the one who tries to juggle eating and riding at the same time - in a manual transmission no less.....and he's messy:i_rolleyes:........and first attempt to clean the seat cushion also resulted in a larger 'wet circle' stain. We'll try again (me, myself & I), when he's not around :), bet I get better results with my vinegar and water.....

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
Hey again Meangirl, check out this old thread..

http://www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?t=3293&highlight=stains

I have a "no eat policy" also but the wife is about as useful as a chocolate kettle when it comes to that. I find McD's bags and Tim Hortons crap all over the place after she's been in. She's on her 155th last warning about being a slob. It really is a major piss off for me...:(:(:(
hey there my northern friend!! thanks for the thread attachment. you know how we wives are....we don't listen to you men....lol, if you would just get her a nitro of her own she wouldn't trash yours, she's hoping you will just get fed up and tell her she can have it....lol, have a great day!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.