Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· NITROHOLIC™
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those who have already purchased your nitros -
Did you receive some kind of netting or tie downs for the back to hold down objects/groceries to the tie down brackets? Most vehicles have at least a net that clamps onto this but I did not receive one. Also, I do not see any type of cargo tote in the mopar accessory catalog! I got my first groceries in my Nitro last night and needless to sa they rolled around terribly!

· NITROHOLIC™
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing came with the Nitro. However you can purchase the cover for the back. And I guess you could probably fine a net at "WALMART"
Yea, I saw the covers which would help w/ privacy but wouldnt keep the groceries and such from shifting - thats pretty dissapointing! I might just have to take a look at walmart and see what they have...or look at a similiar sized cars accessories and see what I could find....

· Registered
72 Posts
Yea, I saw the covers which would help w/ privacy but wouldnt keep the groceries and such from shifting - thats pretty dissapointing! I might just have to take a look at walmart and see what they have...or look at a similiar sized cars accessories and see what I could find....
I didn't have anything come with mine either, not even a privacy cover! I asked the sales guy and of course they tell me that those items are not standard even though the back of the truck has been molded for it. At the time that I purchased "Guzzle" (9/25/06) it was still too new (not even the accessories catalog was out yet). I inquired about the Jeep covers but never got a good answer. If you look in the catalog at the safari baskets and light bars you will see that they are the same part numbers for the Jeep Liberty so they most likely will be for the cargo cover too.

· Registered
123 Posts
I have the tonneau cover on order, and while I was at the dealer, I bugged him to check inventory for some sort of cargo net - he got me one for the Jeep Liberty (surprise!)...it is not a perfect fit because of the Load and Go feature, but it holds some of my extras against the back seat well enough.

Hope this helps a bit.

Rich

· NITROHOLIC™
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont like the bungie cords as i like a more OEM look...

Chitowner, post some pics when you get it! Im considering picking up one for myself :) Soon enough a cargo net will come out just for us

· Registered
72 Posts
I have looked at Pepboys and other automotive places to find netting and about the closest thing that I can find is the same thing that I have in my Windstar. The bungie's work so I'll stick with them until a net for the Nitro is available, it's a shame that the cover and a net aren't part of the package.

· Registered
123 Posts
Tonneau Cover

Hey all -

I got the cover yesterday, and hope to have pics of it tomorrow. Anyhow, as I posted in another place, I am happy with it. It is a bit short, but realized that it could not be placed right against the back seats because they recline. All in all, I am happy with the added bit of security.

Peace,
Rich:Racing:

· Registered
165 Posts
cargo net

I have load n go, so I wanted something that could move with it. Took the cargo net out of our 2000 Intrepid, not even close to fitting. Spent one day shopping around, but couldn't find anything until stopping by a different Dodge/Jeep dealer. We got a Liberty cargo net, and it fits just fine.We clip the bottom on the tie downs closest to the rear door, and the top can be clipped straight up or toward the back seat, depending on what you're trying to hold in place...:Racing:

· Registered
1,254 Posts
I went over to Sears and purchased some of their non-skid tool box matting (the black perforated foam) and cut it in half and placed it load-n-go platform. This keeps my gear in placed even on hard acceleration.

· Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
Cargo nets

I have used cargo nets for quite a while securing my stuff on motorcycles. Work good. I get mine at Outdoor World, and they come in different sizes. My Infinity FX35 came with a nice one that I may just keep when I sell it! (When my Nitro comes in) ;)

· Registered
1,254 Posts
if you turn the rear floor over.there is a rack that will stop the rolling around
I haven't looked into it but, how do you flip the rear floor over? I do remember seeing an SXT at a dealers when I was first shopping for mine and it had the "Load-n-Go" platform reversed with the molded tray visible.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.