Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with an SXT model actually see the dealer INVOICE? Most web sites (NADA, Edmunds and Kelly) show the base invoice price as $18065. When I paid 2% over invoice I was shown an copy of an invoice that listed the base price as $18440. Trying to find out what actual invoice base price is to find out if I got screwed. Help anyone? Thanks...Ron

· NITROHOLIC™
1,709 Posts
Edmunds isnt guaranteed to be accurate..They were off b 400 under the dealers invoice..The pricing changes from time to time and the invoice is from when they bought it whereas edmunds is from the current and still isnt 100% accurate - but gives you the basic idea..

· Registered
72 Posts
The dealer invoice depends where you are located as TX would be different then NY or CA. The invoice price doesn't mean that is what the dealer paid for from the manufacture. If the dealer sells large volume, is 5 star, etc...
They get a discount from the invoice price. Dealer allowance I think thats what it's called.
On the Nitro since it is new, dealers won't be marking them down as much as other cars and especially if they are moving Nitro's. Getting close to the said invoice is good even if it's 2% over. lower as always better!
Just my 2¢

· Registered
168 Posts
They get a discount from the invoice price. Dealer allowance I think thats what it's called

It is called dealer hold back. At the time I ordered mine, it was three percent. My wife is a fleet buyer and I had all the info. I had her run up mine, but I got an slt, so I can't help on the sxt invoice price. I split the hold back with my dealer. Although It really isn't splitting it. They can't split it so they gave 500 off invoice to make up the difference. Hold back on my nitro was 780 dollars. So they made 280 dollars. But they will make it up on service. The average service dept brings in 48 percent of the total profit for a dealer. And I will take it to them for service because they were honest with me. But it would have been hard to lie to me when I had their breakdown in my hand during negotiations.

Edmunds has a required CMA charge listed

The CMA charge is an advertising charge that dodge adds to the cost of all new puchases. It pays for the cool (and not so cool) commercials.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.