Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally took the plunge and ordered an iPhone 5, finally giving up on Android. According to the specs, it utilizes Bluetooth 4.0. I am curious if I will experience any issues with my Uconnect. I have never had any issues with any of my Android phones, the latest being a Samsung Galaxy S2. It would not recognize a phone book with a Blackberry.

I ordered my external Uconnect module from my dealer, PN 82212159, on 04/27/2011. The sticker on the unit says PN 05064635AG, date of mfg 04/26/2011. It was made the day before I ordered it!

This info is also on the sticker. I am clueless as to what it means:
HW: 13.04
SW: 43.01.30
QD.D1: B016408
FCCID: QWY-BTHFCK3
IC: 6588A-BTHFCK32609-050-010-39
M11000647409
UC1.0
13.6v DC/2, 3A
PEIKER acustic

:cool:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Bluetooth 4.0 is backward-compatible with all other versions of Bluetooth, so you can pair existing Bluetooth headsets with the new iPhone without a problem.

Found that on cnet review of the iPhone 4s.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bluetooth 4.0 is backward-compatible with all other versions of Bluetooth, so you can pair existing Bluetooth headsets with the new iPhone without a problem.

Found that on cnet review of the iPhone 4s.
Thanks, man! You made my day! I am a happy camper!

·
Registered
609 Posts
You will enjoy the iPhone 5. We have no issues with our Uconnect at all. We have had all the iPhone since they were released in 2007.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yay!! Another Iphoner!!!! Shoot if I knew your were going to need a uconnect I would of pulled mine out before I sold it!
Thank you for the thought. I installed my Uconnect when I purchased my Nitro, and it worked fine with all of my Android phones. But, it would not recognize my phone book (contacts) with a BlackBerry. I was just concerned with the Bluetooth 4.0 in the iPhone 5 not being compatible with Uconnect.

I have been on Tmobile for over 10 years, and never saw a reason to switch. I bought my daughter an iPhone for her Birthday back in February when Tmobile started letting people bring their own iPhones to the network. So, I have decided to go back to the Mac world. First purchase, the iPhone. Then, an iMac. It is time for a new computer. My wife hated Mac's, so I purchased an HP. Sharon passed away last year after a hard fought battle with Breast Cancer. http://www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?t=36672&highlight=tribute So, I will be going back to a Mac soon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am sorry for your lose. :( I know how it is to lose a loved one to cancer. Been through it twice. I love having an iPhone and had no issues hooking it up to my uconnect! Hope the best!

·
Slackering Queen
4,096 Posts
My boyfriend had the iPhone 4S and now has the iPhone 5 and both work great with the uconnect (european MyGIG)

welcome to the club from another recently become iPhoner ;)

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My boyfriend had the iPhone 4S and now has the iPhone 5 and both work great with the uconnect (european MyGIG)

welcome to the club from another recently become iPhoner ;)
Thank you for the input. My daughter has the 4S, but I have never tried to sync it with my Uconnect.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just as an FYI and follow up, the Phone arrived late Tuesday, UPS. I brought it into the Tmobile Store yesterday and had it activated. Flawless!

I did purchase iPhone5 for Dummies! :thk: Next purchase, iMac. I am back to the MacWorld, finally. :smileup: :smileup: No Windows 8 for me! :loser1:

·
Registered
799 Posts
I seem to do doing just the opposite of you. I had an iPhone 4 and got a Note II. I hated the iPhone. I love the Android OS. I currently have a MacBook Pro (first of the aluminum unibodies), and a Mac Mini (first one without the DVD drive) and will be getting a Windows laptop when it dies. I'm thinking Windows 8 will be like Vista and won't last long. It's not a bad OS but it is trying to be 2 things at once and that never works well. Just look at the Amphicar and the Flying Pinto.

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
OK I am about to disclose my age.
Anyone remember Windows 3.11? Well is seems M-Soft has taken a big step backward. Windows 8 is just like 3.11, everything is in individual "windows", they now call "Tiles".
If you don't remember where you saved something, it is a royal pain to find.
Windows 8 is a huge step back into the past. No good in my opinion and is trying to emulate the I-Phone.
So there you have it. I am old! :eek:ld:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Scar0 you're not old, just perfectly aged like any fine spirt! :beerchug:

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK I am about to disclose my age.
Anyone remember Windows 3.11? Well is seems M-Soft has taken a big step backward. Windows 8 is just like 3.11, everything is in individual "windows", they now call "Tiles".
If you don't remember where you saved something, it is a royal pain to find.
Windows 8 is a huge step back into the past. No good in my opinion and is trying to emulate the I-Phone.
So there you have it. I am old! :eek:ld:
I do not remember Windows 3.11. I guess that was in the good old days when I was a Mac Addict. I remember my first encounter with Windows was XP at work, when my Company entered the 21st Century. Back then, Windows was always referred to as a 10 year old Mac!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.