Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found an integration kit for the ipod. By integration i mean the following..

The ability to:
  • Control ipod (songs/playlist) thru headunit/steering wheel controls
  • Charge ipod thru cable
  • Usually song titles will display in EVIC/headunit as well
There SHOULD be some kind of module however I have been out of the loop, do to the fact I just moved to Orlando - so if anyones found anything Id appreciate any info! Having to fumble with the ipod to change songs is a PITA! :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
depends on if ur looking for a stock head unit ipod adapter or a new hu with a ipod adapter. i got the kenwood 6019 with the ipod adapter and its pretty dam good with quality, looking things up from the screen and it charges.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just checked them out and they do have a kit for the nitro.

The kit will connect directly to stock headunit as well as charge the ipod however for some reason it DOES NOT offer control from stereo/steering wheel controls...thats one of the most important features for me...

·
Registered
601 Posts
I just checked them out and they do have a kit for the nitro.

The kit will connect directly to stock headunit as well as charge the ipod however for some reason it DOES NOT offer control from stereo/steering wheel controls...thats one of the most important features for me...
NWill, does it say whether or not it will allow a user to control the ipod via the radio's controls?

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yepppp sure :p

theres GOT to be something coming out..i mean charging is not that big of deal - can buy a charger for that..the main feature people want is the ability to control from radio/steering wheel and i have no idea why they didnt include it..very lame :mad:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Here's the scoop. Well at least with the Chrysler iPod integration harness.

With the Nitro the steering wheel stereo controls use the LIN (Local Interface Network) Bus. The problem with that is this new IHS (Interior High Speed) Bus uses completely different communication protocol then previous CAN-B bus found in previous Chrysler products.

Vehicles with the CAN-B bus are up to model year 2006 like the LX cars, which have the steering wheel controls and the iPod integration makes use of them.

Hopefully Chrysler and the after market catch up quickly and release a kit that makes use of the steering wheel controls for the iPod.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, I would really like a better Ipod integration as well. It's definitely a pita to mess with the ipod while driving. I finally got kind of tired of it and just burnt some DVD's with mp3s for the six-disc changer. I don't think it's too much to ask for steering wheel control and name display at the same time.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
I have the Drive+Play by Harmon Kardon. Not precise to your wishlist, of course, but a great addition to the cockpit. I can control my ipod easily, see my data, and keep it charged. The newest version coming out soon also has support for the Zune, I believe.

·
Registered
134 Posts
IPOD Integration/MYGIG

I have a SLT on order with MYGIG. I am using about 20 gigs of my ipod right now. I know that the part of the MYGIG hard drive is for NAV, so I'm curious how much of my stuff will fit on the MYGIG and if it will be full too easily. I like the idea of loading everything possible so you can listen to whatever, no matter how random it is.

My other thoughts are: Maybe after the MYGIG is in wider circulation, there will be an ipod integration kit made for it.

Or -

Stash a larger Hard drive in the car somewhere, hooking it up through the front usb. I just haven't seen anything that says that the MYGIG will be able to play off of a USB drive, only copy from....

Just some thoughts....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Dumb Question

Hi folks -

Just bought a Belkin adapter for my Nano. Works fine. So, why can I get that at about $20 whereas Mopar is selling one for about $150? What am I missing here? Any input would be great.

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hey Rich,
You don't mention what adapter you got there. Is it the FM transmitter that allows you to tune in your Ipod on an FM station on your factory stereo? If so, why not just plug into the AUX jack on the front of the stereo?
Or is it a power adapter?
Not sure about the Mopar adapter you mentioned. Maybe a link to the one you have in mind would help.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It is a simple adapter - I plug in the one to the aux jack and the other in my Ipod, just turn on the aux on the radio and everything works through the radio. Not sure what the benefit of it working through an FM channel would be.

Thanks,
Rich

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.