Dodge Nitro Forum banner

iPod(R) Integration Kits for Chrysler Group Vehicles

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jchiar 
#1 ·
'Can You Hear 'i' Now?' Mopar(R) Expands Availability of Its iPod(R) Integration Kits for Chrysler Group Vehicles

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/01-04-2007/0004499732&EDATE= -

More Chrysler, Jeep(R) and Dodge owners can enjoy their iPod tunes through their vehicle's audio system - iPod Integration Kit provides optimal digital audio quality - Simple plug-and-play installation means connect-in-a-snap to enjoy and listen

CENTER LINE, Mich., Jan. 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mopar(R),DaimlerChrysler's original equipment manufacturer, announced it has expanded availability of its factory-engineered iPod(R) Integration Kits for most Chrysler Group vehicles.

The audio integration system accessory was launched in early 2006. The iPod Integration Kit from Mopar Authentic Accessories provides direct connectivity between the customer's iPod and the vehicle's audio sound system. Offering true interface, the iPod attaches to the custom cable port located in the glove box. The iPod adaptor module is concealed under the vehicle dash, translating and then sending the signal to the vehicle's radio receiver. Once attached, all iPod control functions are available through the vehicle's audio sound system. This hardware interface provides optimal digital audio quality so all passengers can enjoy the iPod tracks. Using the audio system or steering wheel controls, drivers can browse their iPod music collection of playlists, song titles, and artists that are view able on the radio display face. Radio display and audio prompt features vary between radio model. While the iPod is connected to the cable port, it's continually charging - whether it's playing or turned off. "People love their iPods and they love their cars.

Expanding availability of our iPod Integration Kits means more Chrysler Group vehicleowners can hit the road and enjoy both," said Chris Cortez, Senior VicePresident - Global Service & Parts, Chrysler Group. "This iPod accessory lets our customers put 'their' music on hassle-free. We're committed to pioneering OEM accessories to enhance the driving experience for our customers."

The popular iPod, iPod Mini, iPod Photo, iPod Nano and iPod Video are compatible with Mopar's audio integration systems. iPod device is sold separately. Specifically engineered to interface with select model year 2006 and newer Chrysler, Jeep(R) and Dodge vehicle electronics, the iPod IntegrationKits from Mopar are available for purchase and installation at Chrysler,Jeep and Dodge dealerships across the country. The following iPod Integration Kits are available: * Can-B Integrated (#82209617AC, M.S.R.P. - $215) for the Chrysler Aspen, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Charger, Dodge Caliber, Dodge Ram, Dodge Durango, Dodge Dakota, Jeep Compass, JeepPatriot, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Jeep Commander * J-1850 Integrated (#82209616AC, M.S.R.P. - $179) for the Jeep Liberty, Dodge Caravan and Grand Caravan, Chrysler Town & Country and Chrysler Pacifica There are also two FM-modulated versions available: * FM-Bounded (#82210181, M.S.R.P. - $139) for Jeep Liberty, JeepCommander, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, ChryslerPacifica, Chrysler 300, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler Aspen, Chrysler Town & Country, Dodge Caravan and Grand Caravan, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Ram, Dodge Caliber, Dodge Dakota, Dodge Durango * FM-Bounded (#82210848, M.S.R.P. - $139) for Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Nitro, Chrysler Sebring, Dodge Avenger The iPod Integration Kit will be installed in a Chrysler 300C at the North American International Auto Show.
Visit the Alpine Electronics ofAmerica booth for a device demonstration. The iPod Integration Kit from Mopar is covered under DaimlerChrysler's 3- year/36,000-mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Mopar's 12-month/12,000-mile Limited Warranty, whichever is more favorable to the customer. These warranties are serviced by Chrysler, Jeep and Dodgedealerships. Visit http://www.mopar.com for a full line of authentic Mopar accessories. About DaimlerChrysler's Mopar(R) Brand When Chrysler bought Dodge in 1928, the need for a dedicated parts supplier led to the formation of the Chrysler Motor Parts Division. In1937, Mopar(R) (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was created for the business of distributing parts through a depot system andcar divisional wholesalers. Mopar made its mark in the 1960s -- the muscle car era. Beginning in 1962, Mopar carried a line of "Special Parts" for super stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use. Today, the Chrysler Group's Global Service & Parts division is responsible for the manufacturing and distribution of nearly 250,000 authentic Mopar replacement parts, components and accessories for Chrysler,Jeep(R) and Dodge vehicles sold around the world. To assure quality,reliability and durability, all Mopar parts and accessories are designed instrict adherence to DaimlerChrysler engineering standards. Images of the iPod Integration Kit from Mopar are available atcgmedia.daimlerchrysler.com.

SOURCE Chrysler Group
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/01-04-2007/0004499732&EDATE=

See less See more
#2 ·
So by the looks of that, they are only offering an FM Modulated unit that *doesnt* control the ipod from our Nitro which is practically the same as AUX port..and $215+Install+Tax for this is ridiculous..it should be a 2 cable install for the most part - did the same in my truck for $100 ..

#5 ·
Would be cool if there was just a slot in the dash somewhere you slipped your iPod into and it connected through the charging interface to the Infotainment unit.

I agree! I wish it had a little adapter you just plug your ipod into. The cord gets in the way at the shifter. thank god mines an auto.:Racing: I love my ipod it is so worth the money, now I don't have to carry my 2 cd cases anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.