Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Is this protocol?

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  BlueJet 
#1 ·
Need to take Blue in for the squeaky steering wheel and the leaky back door. Recalls are all done, they checked that, but need to make an appointment for the rest. They told me they will need it ALL day!! I have read here that getting a loaner is like pulling teeth. Will they really need it all day?? Are they government workers who have all the time in the world? Would I be able to get a loaner from them the night before, dropping off Blue at the same time?

I work graveyards, therefore my dilemma! Or...I get to work even earlier and get to the dealer first thing, and sit there all day waiting.

#2 ·
hey BJ, you need to call a see if loaners are available, where I am, it's a no. but some are different. just let the girls hang out a little and wear your hair down and work the eyelashes....lol, they will give you whatever you want....your a woman, use what God gave ya!!:chuckle:

#3 ·
hey BJ, you need to call a see if loaners are available, where I am, it's a no. but some are different. just let the girls hang out a little and wear your hair down and work the eyelashes....lol, they will give you whatever you want....your a woman, use what God gave ya!!:chuckle:
It is a chick that does all the scheduling for the service dept!! Unless she plays for the other team my girls are useless!!!!:D

#4 ·
It is a chick that does all the scheduling for the service dept!! Unless she plays for the other team my girls are useless!!!!:D
ooooppps! yeah they are not gonna do ya any good. well good luck

#5 ·
I work the graveyard too - when I had an issue like that my dealer offered to give me a lift home so I could grab some sleep, and when my wife got home she took me to get the car...

I don't know how close you are to your dealer, or if you trust whatever grease monkey they may send to drive you home, but it's just an option. I sleep the first part of the day anyway, so being without my vehicle was a minor problem.

Just an idea

#6 ·
I work the graveyard too - when I had an issue like that my dealer offered to give me a lift home so I could grab some sleep, and when my wife got home she took me to get the car...

I don't know how close you are to your dealer, or if you trust whatever grease monkey they may send to drive you home, but it's just an option. I sleep the first part of the day anyway, so being without my vehicle was a minor problem.

Just an idea
I stay up all day and got to bed late afternoon. They are so quick to make a sale and then after that, oh well!

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
If it's in overnight you stand a good chance of a loaner but just a one day fix, ooh that will be tough. My dealer uses the local 'Enterprise' for some of it's loaners but you need to push hard to get one.
Don't forget there are 1000's of dealers all over the U.S and Canada who all get requests for loaners every day. Cost cutting is a major factor for todays auto companies and unfortunately the loaners are one of those cuts.

#12 ·
Sorry for your problem. I don't know of a Chrysler,Jeep, Dodge dealer in the Dallas area who offers loan cars. I always suggest purchasing the service contract with "first day rental". I work in the dealership and use my service contract all of the time for a rental. When I had to wait for a sway bar solenoid for my wrangler i used the service contract. The dealership I work for does pay for the first day of rental on cars that are under 16 months or for rechecks.

#13 ·
I allways use the wife for mechanical issues..........

As soon as she comes home i ask her:

Q: did you fix the car bill honey?

A:What the hell do you think?

She then pulls down her jeans and shows the oily hand prints:chuckle:

Job well done!!

Seriosly though.....that sucks that you dont get a loaner......we give one to all of our customers that will be getting special jobs done, even to customers that will have there car here only for a few days.

#14 ·
I allways use the wife for mechanical issues..........

As soon as she comes home i ask her:

Q: did you fix the car bill honey?

A:What the hell do you think?

She then pulls down her jeans and shows the oily hand prints:chuckle:

Job well done!!

Seriosly though.....that sucks that you dont get a loaner......we give one to all of our customers that will be getting special jobs done, even to customers that will have there car here only for a few days.
LMAO!!!!
Tight t-shirts used to work for me to get my truck unloaded faster when I used to drive!:D

#15 ·
LMAO!!!!
Tight t-shirts used to work for me to get my truck unloaded faster when I used to drive!:D
hers and idea, dont go to the service department, until u talk to the sales person that sold u the car, then use all of meangirl's tips and u'll do fine, the sale person can pull all kinds of strings, trust me i have spent more than my fair share of time at the dealer waitin lol
good luck BJ, I hope it works out ok

#16 ·
hers and idea, dont go to the service department, until u talk to the sales person that sold u the car, then use all of meangirl's tips and u'll do fine, the sale person can pull all kinds of strings, trust me i have spent more than my fair share of time at the dealer waitin lol
good luck BJ, I hope it works out ok
Thanks guys but it is just more of an pain in the backside then anything else. I will have plenty of things to do while I wait. Hopefully this will be the only time (knocking on wood) I have to go to the dealer. Besides, if anyone has any questions about anything let me know... I will pester them to death while I wait!

#17 ·
Ok, when they say ALL day, they mean ALL day!! Got there before the scheduled appointment and didn't get to get her until 4pm. Here is the low down:

Steering wheel squeak: Of course it didn't do it so will have to go back for that.

Rear door leak: It has been raining here all day so by the time I got to the dealer I had a nice little puddle going on the cargo cover. There is a hole in the moulding/stripping which of course needed to be ordered.

Roof rail lifting: They ordered both sides even though it is only the passenger side lifting.

Broken zipper: Apparently there are broken "parts" inside where the shifter (aka emergency brake) is and they ordered "parts" for that. Then they service lady said they were replacing the whole console. I was assured it wasn't anything mechanical that was broken, just "cosmetic stuff" on the inside. Huh??? (She also told me the broken zipper was VERY common)

So, I will have to go back for my assorted parts to have her fixed, so there goes another day of my life down the tubes in the next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.