Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well let's just say my wife got bad gas and I literally have replaced to everything on us vehicle except the heads the motor and the transmission everything else on this vehicle is brand new. I replaced the fuel pump fuel lines injectors spark plugs coils fuel rail And yes before you ask I did clean out the gas out of the tank and cleaned the tank. My thing is is now the vehicle won't start at all and if it does it only starts for a couple of seconds and then turns right off if I need it to keep going I have to Pump the gas pedal to keep it going as soon as I take my foot off it dies can anybody help please. I have literally done all the work on this vehicle everything is brand new timing chain you name it I've done it I've had to I didn't know I could pay somebody else to do it if I can do it myself but now I'm I wouldn't send can anybody help

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sounds like a fuel delivery issue. Are the lines clear to the engine? Fuel pump working correctly? You getting the right amount of fuel/pressure at the fuel rails?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cam position sensor? Crankshaft position sensor? Any chance you got a magnet near the tone ring on the passenger cam sprocket when you were changing the timing chain?
I might have could that be why it's starting and then shutting off even after I've already had the throttle body reset and now it just starts for a couple of seconds and then turns off and then I have to sit there and pump the gas pedal to keep it going as soon as I let it off it dies but I've also put it on my computer and it says that they were out of sync and then as it's running it says it's in sync
Sounds like a fuel delivery issue. Are the lines clear to the engine? Fuel pump working correctly? You getting the right amount of fuel/pressure at the fuel rails?
Pressure tester gauge and it's reading 90 to 102 so I know I'm getting fuel it's just staying on part that's killing me

·
Registered
207 Posts
The haynes manual says to be very careful with that cam sprocket--if it's magnetism gets messed up it'll cause a no-start scenario because the cam sensor is confused.
One thing you might try if you have AlfaOBD/another obd tool is there is a "cam/crankshaft sensor sync relearn" procedure. But if there's a physical issue w/the sensor that may not help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tried to but the code written for this site wouldn't let me so I had to get in any way I could to get the help I needed and I do apologize for any inconvenience I have caused. I just needed to get to the bottom of my dilemma.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Try EGR valve. Mine went bad, thought it was bad gas, replaced the pump and cleaned fuel lines but couldn't get it to run. Would only start if I held the pedal to the floor. Swapped the EGR valve and it took 4-5 tries to start it then ran fine again. Relatively easy fix, too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts