Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after some procrastination I finally did the uca they are a pain in the butt may I add definitely pay someone to do it to save yourself some cursing but if any of yall have a front end clunk like I did that did fix it and the added bonus of the ball joint and just as a note they come pre lobbed and have some extensions ready being happier if you have any suggestions on what to do next I'll gladly take them and do them always looking to do something to make my bric better
Automotive tire Helmet Bumper Gas Automotive exterior

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Curious…how much did you lift your Nitro?
2.5 in blocks plan on going a higher when it's not a daily might even combine the ome 2.5 suspension lift with my blocks for a 5 in lift maybe then I can get some 33s

Reactions: OldNitro

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
804 Posts
2.5 in blocks plan on going a higher when it's not a daily might even combine the ome 2.5 suspension lift with my blocks for a 5 in lift maybe then I can get some 33s
Wow, that’s be nuts….. you’d basically have to have the whole suspension….brake lines….and more custom made lol. Not to mention the CV’s. If you didn’t trim out the hole for the UCA mount, you have to cut it out down to the bottom of the lip or it will hit. The flaw of the JBA control arm…I can’t tell by the pic if yours is. Then paint it back… or seal it to prevent rust somehow. —-should’ve done the suspension lift when u did the UCA….. that fuse box is going to have to come out again. And another alignment. Otherwise good work!!! And def worth the investment.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that’s be nuts….. you’d basically have to have the whole suspension….brake lines….and more custom made lol. Not to mention the CV’s. If you didn’t trim out the hole for the UCA mount, you have to cut it out down to the bottom of the lip or it will hit. The flaw of the JBA control arm…I can’t tell by the pic if yours is. Then paint it back… or seal it to prevent rust somehow. —-should’ve done the suspension lift when u did the UCA….. that fuse box is going to have to come out again. And another alignment. Otherwise good work!!! And def worth the investment.
I already did my current lift I did cut and paint just kinda hidden and I never said it was a easy idea just one he'll of a fun one that's for sure

Reactions: JPthekid

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
804 Posts
Fairly easy. Sawzall for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can you use the JBA UCA for stock ride height or does it necessitate doing a lift?
From what I've read it's made better than the stock UCA so could be a good choice for a more durable replacement--but I want to keep mine with stock ride height.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you use the JBA UCA for stock ride height or does it necessitate doing a lift?
From what I've read it's made better than the stock UCA so could be a good choice for a more durable replacement--but I want to keep mine with stock ride height.
It is better with the lift because it angles the ball joint to be happier with the lift you could they are stronger but I don't know how it would effect your suspension geometry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts