Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Nitro R/T 4.0L V6, 4x4 auto/slap shift, Flowmaster Exhaust, K&N Filter, 20" rims, Infiniti snd
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Jet stage 2 chip (thanks to the great reviews on this forum, I knew what chip to get), but I only have a Flowmaster 40 series full exhaust and a K&N performance filter (not cold air intake just washable filter for intake). What kind of performance increase am I looking at here once I install the chip? Should I go for the full cold air intake? What other modifications will increase HP?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Shock 4x4
8 Posts
I recently purchased a Jet stage 2 chip (thanks to the great reviews on this forum, I knew what chip to get), but I only have a Flowmaster 40 series full exhaust and a K&N performance filter (not cold air intake just washable filter for intake). What kind of performance increase am I looking at here once I install the chip? Should I go for the full cold air intake? What other modifications will increase HP?
Thanks!
Any updates on the chip? I have a 4.0 with a Volant CAI and was thinking about grabbing one of these. I only noticed a 1-2mpg gain from the intake but without a chip I doubt it did much as far as horsepower.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts