Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 SXT just rolled over 220K with the original trans and engine with no major maintenance, just lot's of oil changes and trans fluid change + filter 2 years ago. Still doesn't use oil. Feel like trading it in because I have no idea how much farther it can go. Anyone have much more than 220?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I guess I have the only Nitro with miles this high I guess. So write it down and let the new owners know. These trucks can at least get 220K if nothing else.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just passed 155,555 on mine. But I got it with like 152k on it. I hope it lasts for a long time. I changed the oil once already, cause I didn't know it had an oil life meter originally, and it didn't use a drop of oil in almost 4k miles. Seems encouraging.

I did have to have my leaking trans cooler/A/C condenser replaced for over $900. I would normally fix things myself, but you can't really check the trans fluid level on these cars, and I don't mess with A/C. I also changed the the alternator (generator) myself.

Now if only people would stop running into it, when parked. It got hit twice, in the span of 4 months. Still waiting for a collision shop to fix the rear bumper/light.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm at 180k. Bought it with 10k.
I just started doing my own maintenance, crazy scary how much regular maintenance the shop I had been taking it to didn't bother to do. Supposed to change the plugs every 30k--it had only been done twice in 180k! I put fresh ones in and it runs much, much smoother now. I flushed the brake fluid--which had never been done--the old fluid was black.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm at 180k. Bought it with 10k.
I just started doing my own maintenance, crazy scary how much regular maintenance the shop I had been taking it to didn't bother to do. Supposed to change the plugs every 30k--it had only been done twice in 180k! I put fresh ones in and it runs much, much smoother now. I flushed the brake fluid--which had never been done--the old fluid was black.
I don't know if mine were ever changed, at 150k miles, unless the previous owner was using the original NGK plugs, like I did. I don't think they ever changed the cabin air filter either, as it has an original Mopar one in it, and it was super dirty. But maybe they had the dealership doing all the work, and they used original parts??

I might have to look at my brake fluid. The power steering fluid looked ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts