Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I picked up my 2007 Dodge Nitro SXT yesterday and man I love it! I live in California but originally from England and I have always wanted one of these. It’s a local car, always been in the Inland Empire area from Dodge Ontario originally with 133700 miles on the clock. It’s in great condition inside and out. I feel I know a fair bit about the Nitro but not nearly enough, anything to look out for or prepare for at this age and mileage?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, I picked up my 2007 Dodge Nitro SXT yesterday and man I love it! I live in California but originally from England and I have always wanted one of these. It’s a local car, always been in the Inland Empire area from Dodge Ontario originally with 133700 miles on the clock. It’s in great condition inside and out. I feel I know a fair bit about the Nitro but not nearly enough, anything to look out for or prepare for at this age and mileage?
The TIPM

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Adam. Being a California car you might not have the issues I did last June when I bought my 08. I had to replace front end wheel bearings, half shafts, struts and control arms but it's a Pennsylvania & Ohio vehicle. Even with the current gear shift issue and rotting muffler I still love this rig. Best of luck to ya.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks so much, I appreciate you replying, i love my Nitro and i feel like it has been well looked after, I wish I knew all of its history, when I’ve owned cars I always keep paperwork and since being over here I keep carfax up to date, I feel like the Nitro has been well maintained it’s just since I bought it from a car dealer it didn’t come with anything but the key. Anyway, I’m going to just enjoy it, same as you, will keep checking in on here

·
Registered
8 Posts
They are good vehicles with a lot of get up and go. They also get fairly good gas mileage and are easy to work on. But whatever you do, do not let the engine overheat. Or stop the moment you see it overheating.

The 3.7 v6 will drop valve seats if the aluminum head overheats. The dropped valve seat or seats will strike the piston and trash the engine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They are good vehicles with a lot of get up and go. They also get fairly good gas mileage and are easy to work on. But whatever you do, do not let the engine overheat. Or stop the moment you see it overheating.

The 3.7 v6 will drop valve seats if the aluminum head overheats. The dropped valve seat or seats will strike the piston and trash the engine.
Hi Mike! Appreciate the info thank you, I have been checking my levels regularly and had to top the coolant up just a little after a few weeks of driving so I’ve got some spare coolant just in case. After the first initial week of a few things happening things seem really good, as you said the gas mileage is actually not bad at all!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts