Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of k&n intake system out for the R/T......if so hit me up with a link....:4-jump2:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Been thinking about doing the same thing, getting real antsy waiting on the aftermarket & that one from CGS seems a little spendy for what you get. AirJunky are you gonna go for the magnaflow cat back?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yea, that cat back system is on my mind too. I just blew $400 on a Garmin c550 GPS/Bluetooth/MP3 player so I'll have to wait a paycheck or two before I have any more disposable income to do exhaust. I'm pretty sold on the Magnaflow since several of you have all used them in the past.

Between the exhaust & the CAI, it'll be interesting to see what power & economy gains we get. I was hoping we'd hear from Rickster after he ran his on the dyno but he seems to have disappeared. Hope they remembered to chain the truck down on the dyno! ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Because if you check out people's web site and stop there when they say they don't have anything, then you miss out on the chance of being part of R&D, testing, etc. And then companies may not develop products if they don't see or hear any interest.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sigh...

You could always check out their site.

Why is it that people just don't think of these kinds of 'to me' obvious actions...? :)
WOW, I did check there site and you know what they told me no intake.That's why i ask the simple question....SORRY dude that will not happen again..:SHOCKED:

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'm certainly not speaking for anyone here, but I think the reason you get comments like that are because there are numerous other threads where we've discussed the same topic..... even 2 pics of CAIs installed on Nitros.

Try doing a search for "intake" & you'll find quite a few threads on CAIs.

Heres some good pics of Gabe's install: http://www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?t=1063&highlight=intake

Keep the peace guys.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If anyone lives in the Southern California area that have an R/T and are interested in a K&N intake, let m eknow. I can give you contact info as they are looking for one. Dropped mine off today and should be done tomorrow or Monday.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nope...... I've been thinking of modifying a CAI for a Liberty. Same motor, same 3.5" tube to the air box. Shouldn't be too tough.
the liberty has the 3.7 motor where is the r/t nitro has the 4.0. I ordered a cheap intake for a jeep liberty last week, received it and cut it to fit the nitro and drilled a hole for the maf sensor and wallah! We have an awesome cost effective intake. The intake kit cost me $30 bucks from option racing on ebay and the mods to it took me about an hour or so. Overall I am very happy with the clean install. I will post pics and a diy as soon as I can.:beerchug:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Ha! Now your talkin, Nitrodubbin! Looking forward to seeing the install pics. I looked at Spo4me's 4.0 R/T the other day. There are two strange looking chambers on either side of the intake tube from the air box. No clue what they are or if their really necessary.

I tried getting a CAI for a Liberty from M1 Performance on Ebay....... stay away from them. They renigged on the deal after the auction closed. Guess I'll try again!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ha! Now your talkin, Nitrodubbin! Looking forward to seeing the install pics. I looked at Spo4me's 4.0 R/T the other day. There are two strange looking chambers on either side of the intake tube from the air box. No clue what they are or if their really necessary.

I tried getting a CAI for a Liberty from M1 Performance on Ebay....... stay away from them. They renigged on the deal after the auction closed. Guess I'll try again!
Try Option racing on ebay....I'll see if I can snap some night time pics tonight and post up a diy thread.:D

·
Registered
790 Posts
So I'm looking thru all the Dodge & Chrysler intakes on Ebay, including those by Option Racing. I noticed that they pretty much are all 3" tubing. Yet when I measured the air box opening, I saw 3.5". Suppose that 1/2" in diameter makes any difference at all with these things?
Or maybe I stretched my tape measure a bit too far out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I'm looking thru all the Dodge & Chrysler intakes on Ebay, including those by Option Racing. I noticed that they pretty much are all 3" tubing. Yet when I measured the air box opening, I saw 3.5". Suppose that 1/2" in diameter makes any difference at all with these things?
Or maybe I stretched my tape measure a bit too far out.
the opening is slightly bigger at the air box opening. You have to compensate for the thickness of the plastic. the overall manifold opening is 3 inch and will mate up perfectly. It was dark as hell by the time I got home last night but tonight I will definitely be taking pictures and posting up. The truck is currently at the dealership for it's first of many free lifetime oil changes today. I just hit 3k on the clock! So check back tonight and I will make a complete thread on this subject explaining what I did etc....to make it work. Maybe I will even throw in a pick of my baby(vw 2003 gli) which I don't drive in the winter(it's to low..haha). The whole reason me and the little lady picked up the nitro.:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.