Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have to change my Kelly tires. They continually are prone to getting flats, always a nail is the cause. The tires are worn though and now I can see the steel belts are bulging in the centre on one tire. It's hard to judge how many miles are on the tires because I switch to winter tires during that season. Tires are 7 years old and show 3mm above the wear bars so should have some life left, but they gotta go. For a 10 ply rating they were pretty weak, not really worth the All Terrain status I expected. With the current covid-19 delays, getting tires, especially the ones you want can be difficult to buy if you want them now. There was a Firestone tire I asked about and was told 5 week wait time. I chose a tire with a 2-5 day delivery. I'm not going with an AT rating this time and chose a highway tire withe a typical passenger tire rating. They will be smoother on the road as well. I did take the Kelly's on Jeep trails and muddy roads, and can't say they gave me any advantage over passenger tires. The thing about tires is they are always on sale, so that will motivate one to purchase that brand. I got a smoking price on Hercules Terra Trac so waiting on them to arrive. Hercules is from the CooperTire family so I'm OK with that.

Khaki Nitro Nut
Pics or it didn't happen! 馃榿

Khaki Nitro Nut
Nice looking shoes! 馃憤

1 - 5 of 5 Posts