Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My key fob was working fine with my door locks. Then, one day, I had it in my hand while holding a book in the same hand. Unbeknownst to me, I had some of it's buttons depressed against the book for a period of time, perhaps just under a minute. Ever since then, the fob will only open and close the front door locks and tailgate. It no longer works for the back doors. Programming instructions in the manual don't help at all. Dealerships want way to much money, just to look at it, and I am at wit's end. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
doubt it's the keyfob, the relay which opens the doors, opens all the doors at the same time except the drivers door, that has a seperate relay,
i can take a look at the wiring diagrams, might be able to pinpoint something,

Reactions: PeterG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doubt it's the keyfob, the relay which opens the doors, opens all the doors at the same time except the drivers door, that has a seperate relay,
i can take a look at the wiring diagrams, might be able to pinpoint something,
That would be awesome. Anything you can tell me will be greatly appreciated. I just want them to work and at this point, having checked fuses, I'm fresh out of ideas.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
only 1 fuse for the door locks M38, do you have any other electrical issues (any) ?.

Reactions: PeterG

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
the only link between both rear door locks is a ground point under the rear seats, and obviously the TIPM but thats linked to everything,

G

·
the only link between both rear door locks is a ground point under the rear seats, and obviously the TIPM but thats linked to everything,
If it ever ends up being a key fob you can go to batteries Plus they're a lot cheaper than the dealer even order your new key fobs and program old ones

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got similar issue w/ key FOB. Sometimes in will unlock all including gate and most times, only the Drivers door.
Replaced the FOB a couple months ago, when it got wet and solder on contacts broke loose.
Replaced the main battery with new from Manitoba Batteries. Situation unchanged.
I will look into replacing the M38 fuse and others if needed. Part Source is the shop around here.

🦉🤗 Be like the sun who fell in love with the moon and shared all his light. ☮💖

1 - 7 of 7 Posts