Dodge Nitro Forum banner

kicking the Nitro tires...

851 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Pshrynk 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I haven't bought a Nitro, but decided to check out this forum "kicking the tires" to see what's up with this SUV and the community. I recently went to the 2008 Chicago auto show with my wife, part pleasure and part homework.

You see, we're looking for a new family vehicle, something not to large, not to small. Something with style!

We looked at many SUV/crossovers and decided we liked the Nitro best, especially in the 20-28k category. The Nitro has some really nice design elements inside and out. To me, the Nitro looks like the smaller Land Rover on roids. I'm a sucker for flared fenders and a subtle military look. There are some sweet customized rides here!

Anyway, this seems to be a nice community. I'm usually on the 350z forums, so this is a drastic change, lol.

See you guys around...
Zquicksilver

#2 ·
You won't be sorry with the Nitro, it's a great vehicle to drive! I went to North Carolina from Southern Ontario in 2 days and then same thing back after a few days visit, and I Loved the drive.

#4 ·
I've had nothing but fun with my Nitro since I got it.....I'd buy another one again too. Welcome to the forum.

#5 ·
Thanks guys...

-we would probably go with a 3.7L model, cloth seats, the basics
-white, blue or silver with tints
-18 or 20 x 8.5 inch wheels with 45+ sidewalls...
-maybe drop it 1-2" depending upon tire diameter
-i would probably do the CHIP, CAI, JBA headers + SS exhaust

already planning, LOL!

Zquicksilver

#6 ·
well welcome to the forum and I hope we see you back soon telling us that you are now a real member of the family...good luck!

#8 ·
Welcome to the forum.

You will be very happy with the choice of the Nitro. Unlike 90% of the competition, the Nitro is no crossover. It is a Jeep Liberty underneath and has actual "utility" in as Sports Utility Vehicle.

It is RWD when in 2WD and can tow an usefull payload-- up to 5,000 pounds.

What sold me in the end was that it was available with a 6-speed. Few of the smaller SUV's offer this option-- H3, Liberty,Toyota FJ and only a handful of others were my only other choices if I wanted to stir the gears in a small V6 SUV.

Buy the Nitro, you will not be sorry.

Ken

#10 ·
Thanks guys...

-we would probably go with a 3.7L model, cloth seats, the basics
-white, blue or silver with tints
-18 or 20 x 8.5 inch wheels with 45+ sidewalls...
-maybe drop it 1-2" depending upon tire diameter
-i would probably do the CHIP, CAI, JBA headers + SS exhaust

already planning, LOL!

Zquicksilver
I've had both the 3.7 and the 4.0 and I would suggest getting the RT with the 4.0.

It's a much, much better engine; more power of course,:Racing: but it's also much more refined, smoother, free-er revving and quieter than the 3.7.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.