Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what may be causing this steering issue in my 2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 2wd, 3.7l? Its been doing this for sometime now. When I'm turning the steering wheel either right or left, it feels like it catches or kinks, then all of a sudden releases. Its most pronounced when I'm driving at any speed, but I can also feel it when the vehicle is parked and I turn the wheel.
Someone please help.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
I have a click in my 07 that has been that way for a very long time. It is not the turn signal pawl. But so far it has not stuck at all, so I am to lazy to take the dash apart to figure out where the click is.
But If I were to guess, my click sounds/feels like the U-joint at the bottom of the steering column, inside drivers area.
That is where I would check first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Raven, can you hear a noise or click inside the car from the steering column? Could be something to do with the turn signal cancel mechanism or other part in there.
Raven, can you hear a noise or click inside the car from the steering column? Could be something to do with the turn signal cancel mechanism or other part in there.
Hi. No I don't hear the noise from the steering column.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts