Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Nitro family,
I live in the bay area of California. I just notice I have a leak on the inside of the headlinner in the back of the cargo area. Lucky for me I have a the pull tarp for that section. I can't locate the leak, or see where water is coming from. Has anyone else encounter this type of problem? If so please do share your expierences and perhaps any suggestions of where this leak my be. Thanks, Speedy

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,205 Posts
Check the seal around the hatch. Mine collects fir needles that block the corners. This builds up a puddle on the top of the opening.
Check the gasket/seals around the hatch hinges.
I see you have an 07, Did you have the RR for the roof studs that hold on the plastic rails on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Scar0,
I thought it may also be the seal at first, but not sure. My Nitro does not have a sunroof. The rails on top are cracked due to possible wear and sun damage. The last time I took my ride to the car washed they did more damaged to the rails. DO you think if I get a new gasket and rails this may be a fix on the leak? So far the water is coming from the rear headliner were the two sections (plastic modeling) meet. My ride is 13 year's old and still in good shape. thanks, Speedy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts