Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have leather R/T seats, does your seat(s) bulge when you get out? Its only does it to my driver seat, guess because its used more than the passenger seat, duh. But my driver seat feels soft and loose to the touch compare to the passenger seat.

This picture is from other post, its not mine, I'll take my own picture but its raining right now. If this is a no no than delete it...

But this is pretty much exactly what I'm talking about... the bulge in the middle.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Mine has done the same thing. I have had my RT for less than 2 weeks and I already have that bulge where you press down on it and you feel the air underneath. Not too attractive. I know this can happen with leather seating too.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
This is one of the things that DCX is trying to address at the factory and why there is a delay on leather seating. Hopefully the newer seats will be better than this. If not, oh well... It may have to do more with the construction of the seat than the leather on the seat. The Nitro's seats are fairly comfortable seats. If you increase the resistance within the seat the leather might not stretch as much, but they would not be as comfortable either. I think I would rather have the more comfortable seat.

The way some other mfgs get around the pucker/buldge is to stitch pleats into the seat cover all the way across. All this does is just put more leather on the seat and provide excess for stretching. These type seats are never smooth even when new. That may look better in the long run, I don't know. After a year of use, these may look better than they do now (even more stretched) and the bulge may be spread out across the entire seat face.

I think our best hope is that they stay comfortable while we are seated, even though they may not look so good. I will let you know what I think of mine after I have driven it for a month. I'll be in it at least 4 hours a day. If any newer ones will look bad, it'll be mine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I noticed this in mine when it was delievered. It now has 1700 miles on it and the leather is starting to crack in the back corners. My 02 F-350 Lariet with 108,000 on the clock has leather that looks better then the Nitros and is just as comfortable if not more.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Same with my SLT

My SLT has leather seating and the drivers seat has the same buldge going on.
It has been that way since almost new, 4 months or so ago. Figured it was from my fat ass, now I guess it's not!

Frank

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried this yesterday, when I drive for about 20 to 30 mins the bulge is present. I didn't touch the bulge to flatten it out, I wanted to see if it does it on its own. It did, but I do have line of wrinkles thoughout the seat... :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Man, this is one of the last things I'd want to deal with. I feel for you people, that's got to be pretty frustrating.

I was really bent on having leather in the beginning...at this point I would consider opting out of it though. Only problem is, I ordered a 'G package' so that's not really an option for me. If I 86 the leather, I'll have to pay through the nose for all those extra bells and whistles. :(What can ya do? I hope Dodge can get it right...and SOON.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.