Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
yea i was posting a thread about this but didnt end up finishing it. thanks for brining it up, i was looking at katzkin but 700$ is a little steep just for seats. i know they look sweet and make your car custom but there is a LOTT of other stuff i would rather do instead. for now at least. but if anyone knows of other options i would love to hear them.

· Registered
621 Posts
I myself priced out a full katzkin interior... $1100 installed. If you can get a Katzkin interior installed for $700... jump at it and dont look back. Factory leather is $700 and it isn't half as nice as what you can do with a Katzkin interior.

I actually opted for cloth in my R/T so I could put a Katzkin interior in.

-Lil'

· Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought I saw in the dodge pdf file of goodies to buy katz had prices from $969.00 to $2000.00.
Those prices are the dealer (middleman) prices. Cut the middle out, and save some dough!

I myself priced out a full katzkin interior... $1100 installed. If you can get a Katzkin interior installed for $700... jump at it and dont look back. Factory leather is $700 and it isn't half as nice as what you can do with a Katzkin interior.

I actually opted for cloth in my R/T so I could put a Katzkin interior in.

-Lil'
I did the same thing lilsalmon, but I'm going with Classic Leather. People should know leather ain't cheap!

· Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is them.... and yes they would, even leather kit installers would recommend them over Katzkin, and those same installers use Katzkin. But at the end of the day, it's all about what the individual wants for them.

· Registered
621 Posts
Sorry for hijacking this thread :)

I guess my hope is to have a nice custom look (inserts, perforation and suede, and the R/T embroidered logo) yet still look like a factory fit.

That is my biggest need is to have a factory looking fit. Have you seen the installs on your friends vehicles? Do they look factory?

Thanks in advance NitroBilly.

-Lil'

· Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
You're welcome.

As I have said, dealers use Classic Leather nationally. The install of a few friends has convinced me, a longtime admirer of Katzkin. Classic Leather kits are as factory as one can get. I'll tell you, so far I have done the door sills, Luminex ultra bright lights, and slush mats. I have deluxe splash guards, EZ Billet grille, Mopar fog lights, and Classic Leather left to do. (and maybe the chrome front fascia)

Hopes this helps.

· Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Luminex are great! But I may be going with their extreme bright to be honest. I want to blind people (j/k), Classic leather quote for $700.00 shipped! Of course I'll end up paying a pro to install them, which will probably run another $300.00 give or take. I won't be doing the leather install until maybe March or so.

· Registered
2,606 Posts
I ordered my New Nitro and the dealer will do custom leather through a nearby shop. The quality is actually a bit better than factory-- slightly thicker. I am going with a dark grey (almost black) outside with brite red inside-- like the RT. This is going in to my black SXT with a grey interior.

I am thinking about adding the red dash and armrest trim kit from the Mopar pats catalog.

Ken

I shopped many dealers and cost of leather ranged from $900- $1600.00

You should be able to get a good job for under $ 1200.00

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.